Job description / Role
Role Title: Commercial Manager
Reporting Manager Title Head of Commercial
The successful candidates will be based in KSA and will be required to provide commercial support to the company, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the Company’s ‘Commercial’ objectives are achieved.
They will liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of contracts, bids, BOQ, variations, claims and any additional payments.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
Managerial & Strategic Responsibilities
• Build long and strong term relationships with key stakeholders, monitoring and acting on feedback.
• Take responsibility for the financial control and profitability of their projects.
• Promote continuous improvement.
• Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business.
• Take responsibly for the commercial performance of their projects.
• Develop commercial strategies with the assistance of Head of Commercial.
• Successfully manage contract negotiations.
• Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the contract.
• Provide timely and accurate cost advice and financial reporting.
• Deputize on matters of commercial nature for the Head of Commercial, as determined.
• Deliver work outputs with client led targets and time frames.
• Constructively challenge processes and management decisions to bring about service improvements.
• Clearly articulate project needs on a scheme by scheme basis.
• Measurement, pricing and valuation of post contract variations.
• Producing and submitting applications for payment.
People Management Responsibilities
• Effectively assist in managing the commercial team, including cost clerks and commercial support staff, estimating and procurement team members
• Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
• Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors
• Attend weekly management meetings
Knowledge & Experience
• High School / City and Guilds
• HNC Construction / Bsc Quantity Surveying
Years of Experience
• Minimum 2 years in similar role or 5 Years in a Senior Quantity Surveying Role
Nature of Experience
• Proven track record of working on complex projects.
• Significant experience of project management for a variety of complex and critical projects in the leisure and entertainment industry.
• High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
• Strong people management and leadership skills.
• Experience of producing executive reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables.
• Proven knowledge of the local approval process related to leisure and entertainment projects.
• Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience to include interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
• Highly skilled in contract negotiation.
• Strong knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
• Experience of program analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting
• Ability to interface with clients and landlords, demonstrable track record or doing so.
• Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
About the Company
Established in 1997 in Hong Kong, ConnectedGroup is a regional executive recruitment and search consultancy with broad coverage across a full range of functional and industry specialisms, each serviced by dedicated teams. Our strategy is to continue to develop our offering as a ‘big boutique’ where we combine high levels of engagement and accountability with a comprehensive scope of delivery capability.
Our core services include; Retained Executive Search, Exclusive Contingent Search and Contingent Recruitment services for mid to senior permanent positions as well as Contract Staff and Interim Management services. We also engage with clients to deliver specialised and tailored projects such as volume recruitment and market mapping exercises.
Our mission is "to be remembered for exceeding expectations" which drives us to deliver outstanding levels of service and exceptional outcomes for clients and candidates, as well as meaningful careers for our team. We recruit and measure our employees against the values of being Candid, Creative and Connected which drives our open and transparent culture whilst encouraging new ideas and focuses us on internal communications that leverage greater benefits for our clients. At ConnectedGroup words such as 'respect', 'integrity' and 'professionalism' are not aspirational, they are prerequisite behaviours and are expected in all aspects of our work.