Job description / Role
- Assist in claims preparation
- Quantum claims QS defending client/contractor against claims for extension of time
- Prolongation and additional cost claims
- Investigating causes of delays and additional cost
- Reviewing effects of delay recommendation of suitable contingency allowances.
- Contract Administration ensuring notices are issues timeously
- Managing Variation Accounts and ensure that the registers are updated
- Managing Claims Accounts and ensure registers are updated and interim notices are issued timeously
Pre-Contract Cost Management
- Budget Estimates/Cost Plans from Concept, Preliminary through to Detailed Design Stages.
- Forecast Budget Cash flows.
- Coordination meetings with Client and Design Team through to Bill preparation. Activities include supervising
- Bill of Quantities preparation, defining scope of work to be included in BoQ.
- Preparing Tender documents, Tender invitations, Administering Tender Procedure and Addenda.
- Post Tender Reports, Post Tender Interviews, Award of Contract
- Issuing main Contract Documents.
- Contractor and Sub-contractor Interviews and Adjudication
- Post Contract Cost Management
- Measuring progress of works
- Review the methodology of engineers payment certificates
- Reviewing and supervising the interim payment application process through to submission prepared by the
- Senior QS on a monthly basis
- Review sub-contract payment applications and their payment certificates
- Review re-measurement of bill of quantities for determining cost of completion, cash-flow and budget purposes
- Keeping records of all variations, pricing and submission thereof on a daily basis
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Nature and length of previous experience:
- at least 15 years of experience in Commercial and Contracts Management
- Arabic speaking will be an advantage
- Saudi Arabia preferably in Riyadh.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Commercial and Contracts Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)