Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Founded in 1972, SAP is the world's leading provider of enterprise applications, analytics, and mobility with over 170,000 customers around the world. SAP is currently seeking Commercial Sales Associate.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Sales Execution through effective Territory/ Account Management and Franchise Sales Process
- The Commercial Sales Executive (CSE) should drive incremental revenue and prime quota attainment within assigned territory, fully responsible for territory strategy, customer engagement/ coverage, forecasting, planning, and closing transactions. Prime quota attainment.
- CSE will be expected to close transactions, but can work with CSM and team leaders to support steps in the sales process as they become more proficient.
- Actively engage with the market by leveraging the Digital Sales Motion, which combines Social, Digital and Content tools to bring remarkable customer experiences to our customers.
- Drive effective quarterly/annual sales execution in accordance with the Franchise Sales methodology.
- Align with SAP Partners, engaging in territory planning, opportunity development, deal strategy, and supports/drives deal closing. Act as the partners' single point of contact during the sale cycle by pulling in other SAP resources, including presales teams, as needed.
- Communicate the sales plan and performance to goals regularly with key stakeholders.
Update and maintain reporting tools such as CRM to ensure accurate pipeline management.
Focus Area - Develop deep solution understanding in designated product areas
- Generalist with sales bag that includes solutions from across SAP's portfolio with a focus on solutions where Commercial Sales is the primary route to market
- Solution specialization focused on selling only from a specialist sales bag: Applications, Analytics, HR, CEC, Database and Technology, Mobility, or other as defined by management
- Demand generation planning, and execution to ensure coverage, collaborating with key stakeholders including GB/region marketing, solution marketing, Partner/Channel management, and others as required.
- Qualify leads and progress throughout the entire sales cycle to close.
- Maintain sufficient pipeline (4X) to support quota attainment every quarter.
Proactive Self Development
- On top of on-the job coaching provided by the Commercial Sales Manager (CSM), the (CSE) should improve her/his sales skills along various dimensions as defined in the SAP Commercial Sales STEP framework. CSE's are expected to actively work with their management to use the framework to build sales/deal closing and customer engagement skills.
- CSE should actively engage and complete the first few levels of the STEP program and demonstrate proficiency.
- Solution Certification is required by Management for all CSEs for their primary solution areas - to progress to the next level. CSE should be working on obtaining solution certification.
- Use SAP Career Success Center, Sales Academy and other resources as agreed upon with manager to gain additional skills that enhance productivity.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years' experience in Commercial Sales, Field Sales environment, as a Prime Quota carrier
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
- Knowledge of ERP market for generalist CSE
- Knowledge of specified solution for specialist CSE
- Familiarity if the Mid-Market segment is preferred.
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Sales
Easy World Automation
Sales and Account Manager
Manpower Middle East
Sales and Business Development Manager
Regional Sales Manager