Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Communication and Strategy Expert. The Expert will be responsible for overseeing just about every aspect of the business related to Branding, Communication, and Marketing. Communication and Strategy Expert is expected to support in matters related to Communication Strategy and monitoring major initiatives in Public Affairs Organization.
- Enhance Public Affairs Operating and Interaction Model.
- Review of corporate advertising and marketing plans for corporate brand promotion.
- Coordinate alignment of brand executions to ensure compliance with corporate goals.
- Creatively develop and execute campaigns to ensure ongoing alignment with corporate messaging and identified brand deliverables.
- Identify, measure, and track appropriate brand indices to gauge levels of operation management, communication efficacy, and impact against business strategies.
- Review Media Strategy and Management to ensure proactive engagement and evaluate media engagement strategies for announcements and campaigns.
- Review Social Media Strategy and impact (performance tracking and analysis).
- Support the Company's crisis communications activities, crisis preparedness, and media handling during crisis incidents.
- Refine KPIs aligned with international benchmarks.
- Expand the use of new technologies (AI, Data Analytics...).
- A bachelor's degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, English, or a related field in arts. An MBA or a higher degree is preferred.
- A minimum 20 years of experience in Public Relations, Media Relations gained from either agency and/or in-house corporate setting, including a minimum of 5 years' recent experience in energy or oil and gas sectors.
- Native English-speaking proficiency with excellent English writing and presentation skills.
- Have diversified skills in media, media production, branding, and marketing.
- Deep knowledge of and contacts across international business media (print/online/broadcast) and excellent understanding of social media.
- Proven experience of media handling in crisis situations with consistent ability to respond calmly and with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an exceptional sense of responsibility and accountability.
- A self-starter who works independently with responsibility and minimal supervision and is focused on delivery.
- Sound judgment underpinned by a strong sense of news and appreciation of the news cycle.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of corporate drivers.
- Ability to engage confidently with senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and proven team working and team management skills.
- Trustworthy and responsible; handle confidential issues with sensitivity and care at all times.
- Manage colleagues and communications agencies to deliver consistent results to an exceptional and consistent standard.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.