Job description / Role
Duties & responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with securities’ regulatory requirements and governance guidelines
• Disseminate announcements timely to the market and ensure that proper notification is made
• Work on, review and own regulatory reports regarding the firm's structural organization and related matters
• Develop and administer other corporate-wide policies and policy manuals required by regulators
• Develop and implement processes to promote and sustain good corporate governance Stay current on governance laws, regulations, listing rules and effective governance practices.
• Disclose the governance framework continuously and draft the governance section of the annual report
• Coordinate and follow-up the induction process for new Directors and prepare the required content
• Support the Board and the Board Committees in self-assessment and other internal surveys Support coordination of the trainings for the Board and Board Committees
• Develop and deliver employee trainings on Securities’ regulatory requirements and related matters
• Preparation of Securities’ regulatory filings, including registration statements (for SEC such as Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements (including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitations) and Section 16 reporting) and Tadawul requirements Analyse and optimize the owned processes by consulting with A. Corporate Secretary continuously
• Degree in Law (mandatory) CMI & CM2 Certified (required)
• Three years of practice
• Deep experience in governance and securities’ regulatory requirements
• Public company experience (preferably)
• Knowledge of applicable juristic laws and regulations and rules of the relevant security regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of governance matters of a public company
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and multitask
• Exceptional project management skills Analytical and problem-solving skills Skilled in working with high level executives
• Ability to work in a team Arabic Speaker (required)
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.