Job description / Role
• Integrate regulatory requirements and the Group’s policies into the institution’s business lines and procedures for good implementation.
• Establish and improve the policies and procedures.
• Formulate compliance manual, conduct code and other policies and procedures to make sure the institution operates in a compliant manner.
• Review and supervise the compliance advisory, the customer identification, customer AML risk classification, and the sanction screening and handling of sensitive business, providing regulation interpretation and compliance advisory for business operation and internal management.
• Promote the compliance and AML team building and compliance training.
• Establish compliance risk monitoring and assessment mechanism, comprehensively use both qualitative and quantitative compliance risk monitoring indicators and technical tools to monitor and control the overall compliance risk of the institution.
• Report the changes of important regulatory rules and the analysis of major compliance risk issues of the institution (including the subordinated institutions) to the management of the institution and the Compliance Department of the upper level institution so as to perform the duty of dual-line reporting well.
• Conduct compliance inspection and investigation to each business line and institution, as well as supervise and implement the rectification of internal and external examination findings.
• Communicate and coordinate with the regulators and external auditors to support and facilitate the business development of the overseas institution.
• Urge related departments to submit information to the regulators timely, completely and accurately.
• Supervise and manage the duty performance of compliance and anti-money laundering work throughout the whole process via the information systems, extending and applying systems developed by the Head Office and the institution itself, as well as the locally purchased systems.
• Other compliance and AML responsibilities required by the regulator and Head Office.
• Degree in Bachelor related field.
• 5 years in Compliance and AML banking experience
• English Language proficiency in Reading & Writing
About the Company
Through its continuous endeavor and stable development, Industrial and commercial bank of China (the Bank) has developed into the top large listed bank in the world, possessing an excellent customer base, a diversified business structure, strong innovation capabilities and market competitiveness. The Bank has its presence in six continents, and its overseas network has expanded to 47 countries and regions.The Bank provides comprehensive financial products and services to 6,271 thousand corporate customers and 567 million personal customers by virtue of the distribution channels consisting of 16,092 domestic institutions, 426 overseas institutions and 1,545 correspondent banks worldwide, as well as through its E-banking network comprising a range of Internet and telephone banking services and self-service banking centers, forming a diversified and internationalized operating structure focusing on commercial banking business and maintaining a leading position in the domestic market in the commercial banking sector. In 2018, ICBC ranked the 1st place among the Top 1000 World Banks by The Banker, ranked 1st place in the Global 2000 listed by Forbes for the sixth consecutive year, and took the 1st place among the Top 500 Banking Brands of Brand Finance for the third consecutive year.
ICBC pays great attention to business expansion in Middle East. It is the earliest Chinese bank to set up business institution in the area and also the Chinese bank with the largest number of institutions and the biggest business size in Middle East so far. Riyadh Branch is ICBC’s fifth branch in Middle East after Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Kuwait.
Compliance Manager & Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
Head of Compliance & MLRO
Compliance Officer - Wealth Management