Job description / Role
• Assist the Compliance Manager in achieving effective management of the compliance risks faced by the Branch as well as applies the compliance program.
• Assist the Compliance Manager for the Identification, measurement, assessment, and follow-up of compliance risks.
• Assist the Compliance Manager to pre an annual compliance plan for managing compliance based on identification, measurement and monitoring of risks
• Assist the Compliance Manager to organize the education and awareness on compliance issues and prepare an educating and training program on compliance for the staff
• Regularly audit the Branch’s procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
• Assist the Compliance Manager to create, maintain, and update the compliance risk register (log).
• Create, maintain, and update a data base for all applicable regulations, laws, rules, and circulars and it should be continuously updated.
• Assist the Compliance Manager to conduct investigations of potential breaches of the compliance policy and share the results with the Branch’s Management and Compliance Group
• Assist the Compliance Manager to monitor, review, and submit regulatory ad-hoc requests
• Assist the compliance manager on the responsibility of communications with both internal teams and regulators to identify guidance and opportunities from a risk standpoint.
• Review of reports by other departments before the submission to the regulators
• Provide support to the business units on regulations and rules to prevent violating any regulations.
• Assist the Compliance Manager to create, maintain, and update the compliance incidents log.
• Coordination and follow up on the implementation of action plan with the relevant departments.
• Prepare the Branch Compliance Committee Meeting agendas and document its minutes of Meeting
• Liaising with external parties including regulatory authorities and other interested parties as required.
• Ongoing review on the Branch’s customers documents to ensure compliance on the accounts opening rules.
• Assist the Compliance Manager to facilitate Regulatory Inspections, manage Regulatory Penalties, compliance with regulatory inspection reports.
• Reporting to the Compliance Manager
• To ensure effective implementation of policies, plans, and procedures of the compliance department and manage, coordinate, and monitor the day to day compliance program.
• Maintain the organization's obligations as its related to the supervision and reporting of non-compliance.
About the Company
National Bank of Pakistan is largest state owned bank operating in Pakistan. It has redefined its role and has moved from a public sector organization into a modern commercial bank. The Bank's services are available to individuals, corporate entities and government. While it continues to act as trustee of public funds and as the agent to the State Bank of Pakistan (in places where SBP does not have presence).
National Bank of Pakistan has built an extensive branch network with over 1313 branches in Pakistan. It has agency arrangements with more than 3000 correspondent banks worldwide. Its subsidiaries are Taurus Securities Ltd, NBP Exchange Company Ltd, NBP Capital Ltd, NBP Modaraba Management Company Ltd, and CJSC Bank, Almaty, Kazakhstan. It has recently opened a subsidiary in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The bank has global presence having 23 overseas branches in 11 countries. The bank also has a representative office in China and Canada.