Job description / Role
• Manages all on-site field construction activities associated with the completion of a medium to large-size project.
• Applies a comprehensive knowledge of various disciplines to be used during construction, as well as the methods and techniques to be utilized for installation.
• Incumbent must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all facilities to be erected.
• In addition to construction supervision, the incumbent is also responsible for field administration, procurement, and field engineering.
• Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
• Directs the overall planning of construction activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
• Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Ensures that the services of subcontractors and major construction equipment required by the project will be available at the appropriate time to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
• Establishes assignments for Construction Superintendents for various work areas of construction operations, monitoring progress and recommending corrective action as necessary.
• Conducts performance evaluations and recommends promotions and salary actions.
• Manages the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals. Keeps alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
• Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
• Prepares periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients.
• Ensures effective implementation of all Company and client policies and procedures, including labor relations policies.
• Serves as the primary contact with client representatives, subcontractors, and government representatives for construction-related activities. Maintains strong client and community relations.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Min 20-25 years experience in delivering mega construction projects.
• Must have led major construction with multiple Construction managers reporting, from a contractor background, with mechanical bias with Mid rise towers, Pharmaceutical or Hospital, major campus experience.
• Strong understanding of MEP and handover of Works, and have a good appreciation for Architectural / façade/ general building works.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.