Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready! Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us. WSP are looking for experienced Site Engineers to join our ongoing project in NEOM. Your new role, what's involved?
* Review of the contractors construction management and execution documentation and ensure compliance at site.
* Review of shop drawings, method statements, risk assessments, materials submittals, etc.
* Conducting and attending site inspections as and when required to approve or progress the works.
* Maintaining contemporary records of the works such as daily diaries to capture; the progress of the works, weather conditions, personnel present and work accomplished, resources applied and shortfalls, obstructions, deliveries, inspection, survey checks, testing, and instructions issued.
* Ensuring that the contractor is coordinating his works with the adjacent assets and projects in the development.
* Scheduling or arranging joint site coordination meetings.
* Responding to technical queries, clarifications, and the like raised by the contractor within the stipulated timeframe in the contract
* Carry out off-site inspections of construction, materials, and equipment as necessary to ensure the Contractor is complying with his design and construction methodology.
* Ensure that the equipment and plant brought on site to undertake the works is fit for purpose, recently inspected, and certified in accordance with the client policies and procedures.
* Undertake Health, Safety, and Environmental inspections of the site and produce reports on the findings for issuance to the contractor for necessary action.
* Schedule and undertake QA / QC inspections of the site and produce reports on the findings for issuance to the contractor for necessary action.
* Issuance of Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and Site Observation Notices and any other such quality control Pro-forma subject to agreement with the employer.
* Ensure the Contractors compliance with his Construction Environmental and Social Management Plan (CESMP) and Sustainability Implementation Plan (SIP).
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hon) in civil engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience.
* Experience as a Site Engineer on similar marine works projects within KSA / Middle East.
* Experience with the authority approval process per local authority standards.
* Registered with SCE and have a Transferable Iqama.
What's in it for you? What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are?
Here at WSP - we can! WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application. As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.?Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.