Job description / Role
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager your responsibility will be to develop, implement and coordinate and manage Safety programmes according to engineering principals to ensure the safe working conditions and processes are maintain, followed and where required improved.
• Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational hazards/illness’ to determine causes and put in place preventive measures.
• Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections and environmental tests.
• Develop, plan, conduct or coordinate worker training sessions for areas such as safety law and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
• Interpret safety regulations in construction safety and communicate accordingly.
• Maintain and build relationships with external organisations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams in order to facilitate emergency responses.
• Write and revise safety regulations and codes.
• Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Design, conduct or coordinate worker training courses that cover safety law and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
• Evaluate adequacy and relevance of existing policy, implement corrective action health and safety violations.
• BSC/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred, and NEBOSH certified
• Proven Health and Safety experience covering more than ten years with at least three years working in the Gulf/Middle East on large scale Construction and Engineering projects.
• Communication skills, written and verbal are essential in this role
• Valid qualification in occupational health and safety (NEBOSH)
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.
HSE Manager - Construction - Immediate start
|Saudi Arabia||10 Feb|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
HSE Operations Manager
TGC Middle East
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director