Job description / Role
We are looking for a Construction Logistics Manager, who has substantial experience in the mobilization of major project in remote greenfield locations. The role involves the operationalization and commercialization of all facilities required to support and sustain a multi-billion dollar investment. Required facilities include establishment of worker accommodation, acquisition of substantial heavy plant and equipment, set-up of concrete batching and pre-casting facilities.
Leading the mobilization of major project in remote greenfield locations on a major multi-billion dollar infrastructure scheme from inception to completion.
Maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the project through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices with a strong focus on managing logistics and cost.
Managing delivery of the overall commission for Arcadis, including leading the Arcadis team and accountability for associated Business Plan.
Developing an excellent working relationship with the client and the whole project team to work together and successfully deliver the project.
• Development and understanding of the project brief
• Develop the scope of the project with consultation of the client
• Manage all works (post-contract) ensuring the program is efficiently actioned incorporating risk management, change management and budgeting up to the handover of the project
• Pre-construction planning, and development of a delivery strategy
• Input to the project schedules
• Development of the cost plan and reviews of this at relevant design phases against the project budget
• Active Value and Risk management of the project
• Procurement options and recommendations
• Procurement of the contractor(s) through to completion and handover
• Management of the Engineer / Supervision consultant
• Progression reporting at pre-defined periods during the tenure of the project
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or relevant engineering field
• At least 15 years of experience required.
• Extensive experience of leading site logistics set up for major Infrastructure programmes of work.
• Proven track record of working on major programmes of work from inception to completion.
• Fluency in both oral written and oral English.
• Report writing.
• Effective, multi-cultural, interpersonal communications.
• Energy and motivation, with natural drive and excellent communication skills.
• Able to manage assignments from conception through to conclusion.
• Tenacity to ask questions, listen to answers, define problems and formulate solutions.
• Strong team player.
• Able to multitask and manage priorities.
• Ability to summarise detailed work into concise executive level briefs.
• Perception, commercial awareness and an ability to identify value for money solutions to problems.
• Self – reliance.
• High level of discretion and integrity.
Arcadis is fully supportive of Nationalisation programs in the Middle East and warmly invite Nationals in all regions to apply.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.