Job description / Role
Construction Manager – PMO (Consultancy)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
SAR50k per month tax free + flights & medical
Employing over 2,500 thousand people in 30 offices worldwide, Digby Morris’ client, is an international project management company operating across Europe, the USA and Asia. The organisation provides professional consultancy services in project management, process design, facility design and construction management for major multinational companies.
The group’s healthcare team harnesses its many years of experience, expertise and current knowledge together with its relationships with investors, specialist healthcare service providers, business and financial advisers, legal advisors, funders, developers, care providers and other stakeholders, to deliver tailored solutions for the achievement of our clients’ objectives whatever the scale and complexity of their projects.
The company has been awarded a ‘major’ project management contract to oversee the delivery of 11 new state of the art hospitals on behalf of the Saudi government and as a direct result has an immediate opening for a Construction Manager to join their team.
• The PMO Construction Manager role is based in the PMO office in Riyadh with frequent travel to sites throughout KSA.
• The Construction Manager (construction manager) will oversee two to three public hospital projects which are currently at construction stage and oversee the activities of the contractor and supervision consultant.
• Reporting to the PMO Director & the Senior Project Manager the construction manager position will be responsible for monitoring the planning and delivery of projects for our clients as their representative, including project management, budget control, contract management, dispute resolution and oversight of projects from design through to construction and commissioning.
• The construction manager will be responsible of reporting on all facets of the project progress and provide his expert recommendations on how to continuously improve project delivery.
• The construction manager will supervise site manager(s) - one per site - to ensure accountability and performance.
• The company provides an all inclusive monthly package of SAR50k net of taxes. Mobilisation and demobilisation flights are provided in addition to private medical.
Start is asap.
Qualifications and Experience:
• The Construction Manager should have Western Education and Experience, Diploma Degree (Bachelor of Architecture), (Bachelor of Science) in Construction Management or BS Civil or Mechanical Engineering or BS Project Management.
• The construction manager should be a member of a relevant professional institute.
• The construction manager should have a minimum of 15 years of experience as a professional and previously served as a Construction Manager with an internationally renowned Construction Management Company and worked in the USA/Europe/Canada and or Australia (i.e. Western Experience). Previous Gulf experience is preferred.
• The construction manager should have specific experience in the Construction Management phase of the construction of major tertiary hospital projects.
• The construction manager should have additional experience in Scheduling, Cost Control, and planning of major construction projects. Ideally, the construction manager should have experience in using Primavera Project Planner.
• PMP or Prince2 certification and experience preferred.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Grade A Contractor