Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Construction Manager to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) team based on a large project in Saudi Arabia.
- The main objective of the PMC is to implement and manage the overall Development Programme.
- The team shall be expected to assist the client in any way possible to ensure the Development is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets, with a specific focus on delivering the works on site during construction phase of the elements.
- Part of a multi-functional team responsible for delivering many varied projects in accordance with the client's requirements.
- Overall construction management as part of a client team with emphasis on construction delivery, logistics and handover.
- Monitor contractor's compliance with EHS requirements
- Ensure resources are appropriate to meet current and future commitments and to maximise opportunities.
- Monitor the construction programme, identify deviances and act to ensure programme targets are met
- Monitor quality of construction and act where necessary to ensure the required quality is delivered
- Coordinate multiple contractors, sites and logistics plans to ensure all elements are delivered in harmony
SNC Lavalin's Faithfull+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Degree qualified: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field
- 15 years of experience and preferably have experience on large projects
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in the Middle East
- Previous experience working with Arabic speaking contractors
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of large scale projects aligned with the development elements listed above
- Construction management background including site-based roles and management roles as consultant, contractor or client representative.
- Capable of reviewing and enhancing existing operations within an organisation through all the project phases from inception to the final handover phase of a project
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures both within projects, with clients and internally
- Arabic speaking and non-Arabic speaking roles available for this development. All documentation shall be prepared in English.
- Manager level, and senior manager level positions available on this development. All roles focus on construction phase delivery.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).