Job description / Role
About the company:
Our client has grown to become the world's No. 1-ranked engineering design firm - delivering integrated, sustainable solutions that help clients and communities in every region of the world create and unlock new opportunities. They operate in 7 continents, have over 87,000 employees, are in 150+ countries and turnover in excess of $17.4Billion per annum. We are looking for Planning Manager to work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Monitor the work of all site operations of the Contractor(s).
- Monitor project baseline programme and work progress including milestone dates. Take corrective action with the Engineer & Contractor to drive to completion.
- Monitor the contractor's progress and assist in the preparation progress reports to the Client.
- Assist at the weekly progress review, SH&E meetings and other progress meetings held at the site.
- Review the start-up, testing, final commissioning activities, after review by Engineer.
- Monitor and drive the final completion of the work and all punch lists.
- Participate in the final inspections of the work with the Engineer and Client.
- Recommend acceptance of the completed work to Client after receiving the same from the Engineer.
- Communicate with the Project Director and Site Management team continuously regarding the project progress on site.
- Applying a tactical influence, persuasion and pressure to Contractor(s) to ensure the project milestones related to key deliverables are met and exposure to AECOM liability is kept to a minimum.
- Reviewing weekly and monthly reports presented by the contractor on comments of non-compliance, areas of concern and corrective actions.
- Advising the management of any foreseen slippage of progress and propose corrective actions.
- Continuous visits to project site for monitoring of site activities in respect of quality, safety and progress and advise manager representatives of findings, area of concern and corrective action.
- Reviewing and monitoring the contractor’s proposed construction equipment and manpower histogram and advise on any shortage.
- Leading the PMC in reviewing and implementing pre commissioning and commissioning plans and following all up at site.
Specific Skills Required:
- Primavera P6 understanding/competence
- Good understanding of labour outputs
- Experience of work methodologies & sequencing
- Strong SH&E experience
- Understanding of all major construction activities related to infrastructure works
- Time served delivering projects with a contractor
- Project close out experience
- Computer literate especially for document management software
- An ideal candidate should have a minimum of 20 years’ overall Construction Management experience with hands on time with the delivery of large scale construction projects and in particular residential infrastructure projects with at least 7 years’ experience in residential infrastructure projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Building, Civil Engineering or Project / Construction Management with appropriate experience.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||22 May|