Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Engineering & Construction Company with over 40 years’ experience. They are main contractors working on aviation related projects across Saudi Arabia.
• Coordinate and execute the project’s construction activities as described in the Project Plan within the required time-frame, budget, and quality;
• Provide the construction input for the Project Plan and prepare the Construction Work plan;
• Identify, plan and delegate the construction activities required for the production of the Construction deliverables;
• Prepare the construction scope of work - tasking for Superintendents and Supervisors as appropriate;
• Coordination of construction activities with other disciplines and for monitoring progress, identifying deficiencies and initiating corrective actions as and when required;
• Lead, motivate and monitor the performance of Construction staff to ensure timely execution of their activities;
• Evaluation of capabilities of personnel under his supervision;
• Prepare, maintain and monitor manpower planning, schedules, and budgets;
• Liaise with the Project Manager regarding resources and equipment required to meet the project targets;
• Adherence to the discipline procedures laid down by the company;
• Report on construction activities as required or requested.
• Liaise with the QC Department Manager in order to meet the quality standards and documentation
• Liaise with the Project Engineer with regards to engineering deliverables
• Distribute personnel, equipment, tools, systems, and instructions related to the construction’s areas of responsibilities as required for the execution of the construction.
• Authorise delegated activities as defined in the applicable Project Plan within the identified budget.
• Execute control tasks as delegated by the Project Manager.
• Graduate of Civil/Structural Engineering (BSc) or equivalent
• Minimum of 15 years working experience in the construction of large project of which 5 years in a construction management position
• Good communication capabilities; fluent spoken and written in English.
• At least 5 years of experience working abroad, in a multicultural environment, preferably in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering