Job description / Role
• Communicate with the Client’s representatives continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concern.
• Propose in-house Project Management procedure to comply with Contract requirements and Client procedures.
• Establish and maintain specific project procedures for Design/Construction Supervision Management (as applicable).
• Prepare a special report to the Project Director to investigate any problem related to the Scope of Services and recommend solutions to Management.
• Identify priorities and tasks and develop the organization structure to assure execution of tasks, by providing clear direction on methods, time frame, and schedule to achieve the stated goals.
• Provide a clear definition of the roles and responsibilities of PM staff.
• Attend Executive meetings and progress meetings.
• Monitor performance to assure the successful delivery of the Key Performance Indicators and client contractual requirements.
• Advice the Project Director on any potential variation to the Design/Supervision Consultant and Contractor’s scope of work that may generate cost or time impact and present the Project Management’s assessment.
• Assist the Project Director in leading the Project Management staff in assessing variations and claims and report the technical position of the proposed variation to the Client.
• Advise the Project Director of any foreseen slippage of progress and propose corrective actions.
• Review weekly and monthly reports as presented by Design/Supervision Consultant(s) and Contractor and present to the Client comments of non-compliance, and/or area of concern and corrective actions.
• Coordinate with the Design Manager during the detailed design stage of the Project to ensure Design Compliance with Client requirements avoid any cost impact.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
• At least fifteen years of experience in a Construction Management role.
• Experience working on PPP and EBC/Turnkey projects is a must
• PMP, CIOB, RICS, or equivalent certification is strongly preferred.
• Strong track record in delivering projects in a fast-moving and challenging environment.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, including excel and word.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
About the Company
Hill International, with more than 2,900 professionals in 70 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors.
Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States.