Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realize their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
WSP are looking to appoint a Construction Manager for our Transportation & infrastructure project in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. The key objectives of the role are to:
• Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the site team
• Manage the construction/supervision work for all disciplines based on the project management plan in order to complete the work within the allocated budget and the project schedule.
• Attend and lead client briefings and present project stages and work to the Client throughout the project life cycle.
• Undertake any work in accordance with the scope of the proposal as agreed by the Client and within the associated budget parameters.
• Work closely with the Client, sub-contractors and stakeholders to deliver high quality services in a timely manner.
• Attend briefings with the Client to review project plans, and resolve any conflicts on site.
• Ensure accuracy of work in accordance with project scope.
• Report regularly on project progress and proposed projects to the Management team.
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following:
• Have 15 years’ technical and commercial experience on infrastructure projects such as bridges, tunnels, roads, storm water drainage and programs of city development.
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Preferably Chartered Professional
• Have worked for consultancies internationally (preferable, not essential)
• Have excellent communication skills
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernize and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.