Job description / Role
We are looking for a Construction Technical Writer that has work experience in the Construction Industry to produce high quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of the Project in Riyadh. You will join a team of administrators who work collaboratively with project engineers, quality engineers, project managers to produce high quality outgoing correspondences that meet client expectations and applicable standards.
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the project and the documentation requirements
• Produce high quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Proofreading written documents to detect and correct spelling, punctuation, syntax and grammatical errors.
• Reviewing and correcting documents to ensure the Originator uses the standard font style, size, and text spacing.
• Ensure images, tables and charts in documents are precise and properly aligned using knowledge of layout principles.
• Rephrase written text to ensure content is professionally prepared
• Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
• Coordinate with Program Management and Document Control Department to verify facts, dates, and statistics provided in progress reports and outgoing correspondences
• Review final compiled copies of progress reports to ensure they are up to the standard format
• Examines documents to verify completeness and accuracy of data and makes changes as needed
• Works with document Originators to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents
• Coordinate with the Quality Department to produce standard text and templates for regular reports and correspondences
• Examines existing content to develop content strategy
• Ensure correspondences are issued within set time constraints
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Line Manager
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates excellent grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation skills
• Demonstrates proper formatting, proofreading, and editing skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Capable of creating original content using available resources
• High level of attention to detail
• Familiar with construction industry terminologies
• 8+ years of professional experience as a Technical Writer / English Editor for construction projects, or English Teacher.
• Bachelor's degree in English Language or Business Administration
• Degree must be issued from a native English-speaking country
• Certificate in Professional Writing, Communications, or equivalent job-related experience
• Fluent in English (preferably native speaker)
• Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Site Engineer (Villa, Residential Units)
|Saudi Arabia||12 Jan|