Job description / Role
• Acuity are currently looking for junior candidates to further develop their Management Consultancy Service Line to both support future growth and support in the delivery of projects across the MEA region. The ideal candidate should be someone who has worked in a Management Consultant capacity preferably with a Big Four Consultancy or Global strategy houses or international management consultancies in the Middle East region.
• Candidates should have between one and three years’ experience in a relevant field but most of all be flexible to work on multiple engagements and in multiple countries. Acuity is enjoying steady growth in region and is looking to increase headcount by 50% in the next six months.
• The role is based in region and may require travel. The candidate will be exposed to a number of industry sectors i.e. Transport & Aviation, Governmental, Energy, Oil & Gas and Cities & urban Infrastructure and work alongside experienced Consultants and Technical Specialists from our Parent Group.
As a Consultant your responsibilities include
• Onsite delivery of engagements
• Support the Project Manager in delivering quality deliverables for our clients
• Support in stakeholder engagement and presentations to clients
• Assist in the development of tools and template to support successful delivery
• Support in any business development activities including the preparation of bids, pricing and content development
• Complete assigned tasks accordingly
Acuity is the advisory business from the Atkins Group. We help clients with big infrastructure and energy ambitions to deliver them successfully. Combining deep business acumen with the engineering expertise of Atkins, we offer seamless, end-to-end advisory services that build greater value, and ever rewarding partnerships.
Acuity advisory services help clients achieve genuine benefits from their investment and change programmes. We advise at senior levels on complex business problems, but we also take a hands-on role, to ensure the solutions aren't just conceived, they are delivered. Our ethos is to stand side-by-side with our clients until the real-world benefits of their investment and change programmes are realised.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
Basic understanding of Project management including:
• Risk Management
• Cost Management
• Schedule Management
• Resource Management
• Be professional with stakeholders
• Self-motivated and determined to pursue continuous improvement, which is essential to processes & procedures development
• Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude
• Function confidently and competently within client environment and has a positive impact on clients’ perception of Acuity
• Planning and Organizational agility: Accurately scopes length and difficulty of projects, setting realistically aggressive objectives and goals.
• Compensates for roadblocks and looks ahead to see impact on dependent activities.
• Consistently achieves high quality standards and requires limited direction and supervision
• Shows flexibility in tasks and location, and deals well with ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English is essential (Arabic preferred)
• Understands when to ask for support and using the correct channels
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).