Job description / Role
Consultant Emergency Medicine Physician holds the total responsibility for providing highest standard of clinical care and expertise in assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients in area of emergency medicine and related areas of the specialty. He should actively involve in continuous quality improvement of the department and hospital to achieve the goals of HMG.
- Responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved rota by the Medical Director.
- Responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analyzing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow- up.
- Admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialised medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
- Explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his/ her attendants.
- Responsible for monitoring the patients' condition and progress and re-
- evaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient accordingly.
- Refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- Take daily rounds for his/ her In-Patients and referred patients.
- Write the patients complete medical record on time and update the progress notes on same time,
- Authenticate and sign the medical record) progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. He/ She must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to his/ her patients.
- Perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he/ she is specifically privileged according to his/ her qualification, licenses, training & experience.
- Responsible for approving the Discharge Summary, follow-ups, Medical
- Report of his/ her patients.
- Implementation of all the approved polities and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of his/ her department.
- Serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as requested.
- Ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strict'y observed.
- Be On-Call as per hospital policy, as needed and will assume the duties of Coordinator of Department,
- Responsible to attend the Code Blue if applicable) and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
- Ensure that all reports and information as required by the Coordinator of the Department/ Medical Director are provided.
Qualifications / Skills Expectations for Ideal Candidates
- Graduate of a medical school recognized b the medical council of the country of origin with completion of appropriate internship and residency programs
- Postgraduate or equivalent qualification, based on residency training program, preferably with a fellowship accepted by Saudi Council for Healthcare Specialties,
- Professional Experience and Special Skills:
- At least five (5) years of practice in his I her specialty after obtaining the higher degree in a Tertiary Care Hospital.
- Subspecialty degree or structured subspecialty training preferred.
- Excellent clinical/ technical skills in his/ her specialty.
- Knowledge of International / National healthcare Standards,
- Computer Literate/ better knowledge of MS Microsoft Word
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.