Job description / Role
Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (MU) is repnosible to provide the heighest standard of clinical care and expertise to patients in assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment and follow up, whenever necessary, in the PICU and related set-ups in the Hospital under purview. The consultant needs to actively involve in continuous quality improvement activities of PICU and related set up in keeping with the goals of HMG
- Will be responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved rota by the Medical Director,
- Is to admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
- Is responsible for the initial assessment, investigation, analysis & interpretation of the clinical findings and test results, arriving at diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment and follow- up of the patients.
- Is to prescribe, administer medication, therapy, and/or other appropriate care to treat or prevent further complication of the disease
- Is responsible for explaining procedures and discussing diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and/or with the authorized attendants.
- Is responsible for monitoring the patient's condition and progress and reevaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient accordingly
- Is responsible for referring the patient to other consultants/specialists when necessary, also consult, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- Is responsible to pay daily rounds to In-Patients and referred patients
- Is responsible for documenting and completing all medical record of the patients and update on the progress of the patient appropriately.
- Is responsible for always authenticating the medical records at initial entries and progress notes by placing the signature with date, time, employee ID number and official stamp given
- Is responsible for reviewing and countersigning the entries and notes of all junior medical staff in case of patients under his care
- Is responsible for performing diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures for which the Consultant PICU is privileged for
- Is responsible for approving the discharge summary, follow-up plan, medical report of the patients
- Is responsible for assuming duties as the Coordinator of the PICU as and when required by the management,
- Is responsible for ensuring the implementation of all approved policies, procedures, rules, regulations, protocols, guidelines and clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating the activities of specialists, residents, nurses, therapists, assistants and other medical staff involved in patient care.
- Is to advise and contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement program of the PICU.
- Is invited to serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as required
- Is to ensure that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly observed.
- Is responsible to be On-Call as per hospital policy
- Is required to attend the Code Blue, whenever applicable, and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
- Is to provide the reports and information as and when required by the Coordinator of the PICU or Hospital Administrator/Medical Director of the Hospital.
- Is responsible for identifying and brining all Medico-Legal Cases to the notice of the management on time in accordance with the hospital policy.
- Graduate of a medical school recognized by the medical council of the country of origin with completion of appropriate internship and residency programs.
- Postgraduate or equivalent qualification, based on residency training program, preferably with a fellowship accepted by Saudi Council for Healthcare Specialties.
- At least five (5) years of experience in practice as a Consultant in PICU in a Tertiary Care Hospital after becoming fully qualified.
- Degree in subspecialty of PICU or Structured training in subspecialty is preferred.
- Excellent clinical and technical skills in PICU environment is mandatory
- Knowledge of International Healthcare Standards
- Computer Literacy including MS Office Package
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.