Job description / Role
- Perform diagnostic procedures, interpret radiographs, ultrasound, CT and MRI images and perform interventional procedures within limits of the assigned privileges.
- Support and supervise specialist radiologists in guidance & interpretation.
- Ensure the practice adheres to relevant radiation safety legislation at practice site.
- Determine and support diagnostic research and technology innovation wherever applicable,
- Support education & promote training opportunities among fellow radiologist, physicians from other specialties, nurses & other clinical staff.
- Support regular performance development reviews to identify individual training needs, set and monitor objectives in line with the needs of the individual and over all objectives.
- Ensure that the department's quality management system is developed & maintained.
- Ensure that appropriate risk management process and documents are in place in line with policies and procedures.
- Implement the provision of radiation protection services by the department and ensure that appropriate levels of expertise and advice on safety are provided to users of radiations.
- Implement the provision of equipment performance and quality assurance measurements on diagnostic equipment in line with current legislation and national guidance.
- Provide and be responsible for providing advice and measurements to ensure that equipment is used optimally.
- Providing advice on the procurement (specifications, choice and evaluation) of equipment which falls within the scope of the hospital.
- Implement measurements and professional judgment on optimization of image quality and radiation dose, including the resolution of image quality problems.
- Support and implement research activity and oversee such studies when requested by VPPA of the healthcare group.
- Attend and represent the department in programs conducted by the Hospital.
- Maintain good relationship with co- workers and patients, families & friends
- Give order for the specific preparation guidelines in special procedures of the patient.
- Interprets radiological examinations, performs those requiring flouroscopy, special procedures, angiography, invasive procedures, Ultrasound., CT Scan, MRI scanning within the limits of assigned privileges.
- As requested may need to travel to other sites for discussion of problem cases, and provide support for the clinical outside of the site when requested.
- Participates in the quality improvement programs of the radiology services.
- Responsible to instruct and assist the technologist produce appropriate views and positioning of patient when unusual or difficult problem arises.
- Conduct and participates in continuous education of technologist and medical education programs of physicians.
- Graduate af a medical school recognized by the medical council of the country of origin with completion of appropriate internship and residency programs
- Postgraduate or equivalent qualification, based on residency training program, preferably with a fellowship accepted by Saudi Council for Healthcare Specialties
- At least five (5) years of practice In a Tertiary Care Hospital, after post higher qualification his/her specialty.
- Excellent clinical/ technical skills in his/her specialty.
- Strong scientific leadership and good interpersonal skills
- Clear and articulate communicators in both English and Arabic
- Effective collaboration with other organizations and staff groups
- High expertise in radiological physics, diagnostic and intervention and radiation protection
- Ability & experience in research and publication of scientific studies
- Appropriate knowledge on health and safety legislation
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.