Job description / Role
Radiologist - Neuro Radiology
We are hiring for the #1 ranked hospital in The Middle East. Our client Hospital is a 985 bedded Magnet Accredited Tertiary referral Hospital. They are currently opening a further 300 beds on a phased basis.
Contact us today for an information and application pack. We will guide you through the recruitment and relocation process.
Position Title: Consultant
Reports To: Chairman Medical Imaging Services
Department :Medical Imaging Services Grade 14
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Neuroradiology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides high quality diagnosis and treatment to patients with neuroradiological, ENT, ophthalmological and related diseases using radiological techniques at the administrative direction of the Chairman of Medical Imaging Services. -Diagnosis and treatment include conducting radiological procedures like CT, MR!, angiography and X-Rays.
- Oversees and conducts all Radiological tests and procedures conducted by technologists/assistant physicians within the department for all other departments across the Medical and Clinical Affairs division / patients.
- Generates timely and highly accurate reports for all radiological tests / procedures conducted within the department.
- Communicates with clinicians and participates in their rounds and conferences.
- Assists the patient's primary physician to select the appropriate diagnostic procedure and assists physicians/surgeons before or during surgical procedures.
- Ensures high levels of patient safety against all kinds of adverse effects from X-rays, MRI, or Nuclear Medicine procedures.
- Ensures all department staff protects themselves against effects of X Rays, MRI, or Nuclear medicine procedures as per the employee safety policies of the hospital.
- Performs minimally invasive procedures using image modalities of diagnostic radiology either for diagnostic purposes (e.g. angiogram) or for treatment purposes (e.g. angioplasty) Informs the patient and their referring clinician about risks and benefits with the interventional procedure.
- Directs and advices junior staff on patient management, especially in the the field of Neuroradiology.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Neuroradiology, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.the Hospital
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH & RC.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
- Generous tax-free income.
- Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
- Other benefits +++
- Refer to the approved Credentialing guidelines
- 7 years of training in specialty or sub specialty plus post-training experience required
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.