Job description / Role
The Heart Centre is the only active heart transplant program in the Kingdom, the largest program in the Asia Pacific region and is now in the top transplant centers worldwide performing 20 Heart transplantations or more
Renal Transplant Exchange Program at KFSH&RC, Riyadh, has achieved significant progress through non-related living-donors kidney exchange program
KFSH&RC has launched the new advanced center for Telemedicine, which equipped with the latest advanced technologies, multiple screens, various telemedicine applications and offer communications with 32 Hospitals at the same time to ensure the best possible tertiary services offered to patients in their areas
Over 18,000 Donors have joined the Stem Cell Donor Registry of KFSH&RC - Riyadh
KFSH&RC Completes 110 Lung Transplants to 110 Patients, the sophisticated, innovative techniques used in conducting the lung transplantations commensurate with the patient's underlying health condition have enabled the hospital to reach 110 lung transplants by the end of 2016.
KFSH&RC Launches a programme for Children Patients' Education in Cooperation with The Ministry of Education for long-stay inpatient children. This comes as a step towards supporting student patients to avoid any interruption to their studies and to help them prepare for their exams at various education stages.
KFSH&RC Inaugurated the newly renovated Orthotics & Prosthetics Department and launches new technologies with computer aided equipment that allows digitally precise manufacturing of devices that will be of great benefit to patients.
Re accreditation by College of American Pathologists (CAP), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI), Joint Accreditation Committee for ISCT-EBMT (JACIE), and ISO 17025.
- A married Grade 14 employee will be offered a married status contract. The Hospital extends certain benefits to eligible dependents are sponsored for residence in Riyadh, provided that one of the dependents is the Employee's spouse.
- A Grade 14 employee may have a maximum of five eligible dependents (spouse and four unmarried children under 19 years of age). This may include children studying abroad.
- Residence Requirements: In order to qualify as an eligible resident dependent, an eligible dependent must reside in the Kingdom for at least 240 days within each service year. If the Employee's spouse fails to meet the residency requirement, the Employee will lose the benefits offered with the married status contract.
- Initial Hire Transportation; One-way business class airline tickets with routing Point of Origin to Riyadh for Employee and eligible dependents.
- Initial Hire Relocation Allowance: An expatriate Grade 14 employee will receive relocation allowance to assist in defraying the costs associated with relocation. The relocation allowance will be paid upon initial hire. Payment will be based on the Employee's point of origin and contract marital status:
- Housing Allowance of 25% of the annual basic salary, not to exceed One Hundred Thousand (100,000) Saudi Riyals per year. Fully furnished Hospital accommodation is provided for the first 90 days of the contract.
- After that, Employee is given the option of renting housing accommodation off Hospital compound. No housing allowance will be paid to the Employee while utilizing Hospital housing. An employee who is receiving housing allowance is paid a local transportation allowance of SRI,200 per month to defray all or portion of expenses associated with personal transportation
- Starting from April 01 2020, employees living on Hospital compounds will be charged for services (Maintenance, electricity, water, telephone and security) per applicable policy.
- Starting from April 01 2021, family housing units will be assigned based on Employee's position, Grade and Step eligibility allowance. The Employee will be given the option of selecting other housing units and bear the difference between his housing allowance amount and the rental of the selected housing unit per applicable policy. In all cases, Employee will bear the service charges such as Maintenance, electricity, water, telephone and security.
- Initial Contract: The initial employment agreement will be for a period of 24 consecutive months and will be renewed thereafter upon mutual agreement by the Hospital and the Employee.
- Year-End Bonus equivalent to one (1) month basic salary is given at the completion of second-year contract and every year after that.
- Overtime Work: Employees may be requested to perform work in excess of the normal work schedule. Any work in excess of the normal work schedule performed by employees eligible for overtime compensation equivalent to 25% - 30% of the basic salary, must be approved, in advance, by the appropriate delegated Department Chairman, Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer.
Annual Leaves & Holidays (total: 54 Days):
- Annual Leave Days (36 days/service year). All employees accrue annual leave at the rate of 3 calendar days for each month of service. An employee will be eligible to take an accrued annual leave anytime within the service year, including the first year. Annual Leave Transportation (Business Class Round Trip Ticket, with routing Riyadh-Point of Origin-Riyadh) for self and eligible dependents will be provided as follows:
- An employee on a one-year contract will be entitled to annual leave ticket only if s/he signs a subsequent contract. Otherwise, s/he will be provided with repatriation ticket only.
- An employee on a two-year contract may utilize annual leave ticket upon completion of nine months from the beginning of the said service year. In this case, if the Employee resigns before the completion of the contract, he will reimburse the cost of such a ticket to the Hospital.
- An employee on a two-year contract will be entitled to annual leave ticket for the second service year upon completing nine months from the beginning of the said service year if he signs a subsequent contract.
- No ticket shall be issued before accrual as stated above. (1)) Official Holidays.
- Ramadan Days (7 days/service year). Starts 28 Ramadan and continues for 7 calendar days.
- Haj Days (10 days/service year). Starts 05 Dhu Al Hijjah and continues for 10 calendar days.
- National Day (1day)
- (3) Professional Leave: One (1) paid professional leave to attend a major recognized medical, scientific and/or professional meeting will be granted after the 1st service year
- (5) Emergency (Compassionate) Leave: In the event of the death of an employee's natural parent, spouse or child, the Employee will be entitled to three days leave with pay. For an expatriate employee or expatriate dependent Employee who may be required to travel to the home country, the leave with pay is seven (7) days and the Employee will be provided with round-trip economy class ticket to the Employee's point of origin. Acceptable documentary evidence should be furnished when application is made. In the absence of full documentation, Employee will be required to purchase airfare and get reimbursed when full evidence is furnished immediately upon return.
- Maternity Leave: A female expatriate primary Employee on married status contract will be entitled to maternity leave after the first contract year at one-half pay in conjunction with the birth of two children. This leave will not exceed 70 days.
- Paternity Leave: A male employee will be entitled to one day leave with pay, to be taken within 3 days from the time of the birth of his child.
- Marriage Leave: An employee will be entitled to a 3-day leave with pay on the occasion of the Employee's marriage and must be utilized within one year of the marriage contract for Muslims and on the occasion of the marriage ceremony for non-Muslims.
Medical Care Benefits:
- Basic medical care, including drugs and medications associated with such treatment, would be provided to all employees and eligible dependents. Emergency dental care will be provided for employees as stipulated in their employment contract.
- The Hospital is not responsible for the cost of medical or dental treatment not performed by the King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre.
- Education assistance will be provided for all eligible children (up to 4 children, less than 19 years old). This may begin for a school year during which the dependent reaches age 4 and continue through the school year during which the child reaches age 19, or completes grade 12 whichever comes first. The child must be attending school at the primary level, including kindergarten, through preparatory or high school to the pre-university level.
- For children attending schools in Saudi Arabia: the Hospital will absorb the education expenses, i.e., tuition, books, transportation, etc, up to a maximum of SR22,000 per child per school year. In addition, the Hospital will absorb the cost of registration fees up to a maximum of SR5,000 during the time a child is attending school in Saudi Arabia.
- For children attending schools outside of Saudi Arabia: an annual education allowance, based on the school year, will be paid to assist in defraying the costs of tuition, board, and other education expenses, and covers all travel and any other related dependent benefits. This allowance is in the amount of SR42,000 (from North America) / SR27,000 (Others).
- Educational assistance for children attending schools in Saudi Arabia is paid in two equal parts: the first payment is on September 01, and the second payment occurs on January 15. New hires with an effective date of employment before October 01 are eligible for Payment 1of the education allowance. New hires with an effective date of employment between 1 October and February 29 are eligible for Payment 2. Please note that for children attending schools abroad, the cost of transportation is covered by the educational assistance, and are therefore not entitled to annual leave tickets.
- The Employee must inform the Hospital at least sixty calendar days prior to the effective date of the proposed termination. A resignation prior to the 240th day of the Employee's service year will be subject to a penalty equivalent to 15 days severance benefits.
- The Hospital will provide transportation from Riyadh/Jeddah to the Employee's point of origin, (Business Class round trip ticket) for self and eligible dependents as appropriate at the time of termination.
- The length of employment will determine the benefits payable to the Employee. Regular Employee shall be entitled to severance benefit up to 15 days for the first 4 years of continuous service, and 30 days for each subsequent year of continuous service.
- Refer to the approved Credentialing guidelines
- 7 years of training in specialty or sub specialty plus post-training experience required
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.