Job description / Role
Consultant Rheumatologist is be fully responsible to provide high standard of clinical care and clinical expertise in assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients with conditions related to rheumatology. He should participate in departmental and organization wide quality improvement activities to achieve the objectives of HMG.
- Should organize and conduct his/her Out Patient Rheumatologic clinic(s) and In Patient services as per Hospital Policy,
- Shall be responsible for assessment, investigation and management of all the Patients with rheumatologic diseases.
- Shall analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of the patient.
- Shall explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his/her attendants.
- Shall monitor patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary,
- Shall prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
- Shall refer patient to other specialist when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- Shall direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists,therapists, and other medical staff.
- Should perform daily rounds for In-Patients (minimum two times in a day) and should update the progress notes (manual/electronic). All notes should be authenticated and signed by the consultant, with date, time and employee ID number or stamp of the consultant and should also countersign all Junior staff/Residents notes.
- Should perform diagnostic or therapeutic invasive procedures for which he/she is specifically privileged according to his/her training & experience.
- Should contribute to the implementation of Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures, Protocols and Guidelines/Clinical Pathways that guide and support the provision of services
- Shall provide education, training and guidance to his/her junior staff.
- Should serve on Departmental/Hospital-wide Committees as requested,
- Shall ascertain that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly observed.
- Should assume the duties of Coordinator of Department as needed and shall be On-Call as per hospital Policy,
- Shall attend the Emergencies and Disasters
- Shall provide the reports and information as required by the Medical Director/Coordinator of the Department.
- Shall be responsible for identifying and appropriately referring ali the Medico-Legal Cases on time with all the proper documentation.
Qualifications / Skills Expectations for Ideal Candidates
- Graduate of a medical school recognized by the medical council of the country of origin with completion of appropriate internship and residency programs.
- Postgraduate or equivalent qualification, based on residency training program, preferably with a fellowship accepted by Saudi Council for Healthcare Specialties,
- At least five (5) years of practice in his/her specialty after obtaining the higher degree in a Tertiary Care Hospital. Subspecialty degree or structured subspecialty training preferred,
- Must be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of clinical/technical competence.
- Should have sound knowledge of Computer and ms Office.
- Sound knowledge of International/National Quality Standards in Healthcare.
- Has demonstrated teaching skills in respect of junior medical staff, other staff, patients and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and families
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively within a service and organization committed to achieving accreditation.
- Ability to implement audit processes and measure standards of practice,
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.