Job description / Role
On Application SAR
On Application SAR
We are hiring for the #1 ranked hospital in The Middle East.
Our client Hospital is a 985 bedded Magnet Accredited Tertiary referral Hospital.
- Position Title: Consultant,Transplant Pulmonolgy
- Section: Lung Transplant Unit
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Transplant Pulmonary Medicine, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules, and regulation and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Essential Res onsibilities & Duties:
- Provides required patient care and management in the fild of transplant Pulmonary Medicine in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Diagnoses and treats breathing disorders and lung conditions requiring transplantation, such as bronchiectasis, interstitial pulmonary disease, bronchiolitis obliterans, Kartgner syndrome, etc.
- May practice critical care medicine in addition to transplant pulmonary medicine in order to deal with patients that require mechanical ventilation.
- Also conducts a physical diagnostics examination as well as a cardiac investigation and administers appropriate medication or oxygen therapy.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various suppor servce departents and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient servces, and patient discharge.
- Admits patients, initiates investigations, and ensures fidings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/ procedures.
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and perfrms procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifis treatment accordingly.
- Attnds specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatments areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
- Partip!le in the On-Call Rot so th setion of Lung Transplant Unit.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Directs and advices junior staf on patient management, especially in the fild of Transplant Pulmonary Medicine.
- Guides and actively partcipates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the fild of Transplant
- Pulmonary Medicine, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Actvely partcipates in the educational activities and training programs of the departent.
- Partcipates in national and international medical conferences.
- Partcipates in clinical, basic, and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education, and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
- Undertkes the administrative duties as assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the departent.
- Partcipates in all mandatory section/departental activities and the Organ Transplant Centre's
- Activities, i.e. Staf Meeting, Core Lectures, Research Forum, etc and servs on departental and hospital committes, as required.
- Assists the section/departent in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the departent and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staf bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Actvely contributes to the Division's and/or the Departent's documentation of patient care processes and outcomes in the medical char and or The Organ Transplant Registry
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Partcipates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
- Generous tax-free income.
- Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
- Other benefits +++
Graduation from an accredited medical school with accredited post graduate surgical training, Saudi/Arab/American board certfiation or equivalent. Membership and/or fellowship status in Europe and/or Nort America or equivalent. Accredited specialised training in transplant pulmonology of minimum one year required, or minimum 2 yearsexperience in lung transplantation post pulmonology fellowship.
Experience Required: 2 years of training in subspecialty of transplant pulmonology or 2 post-training experience required.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.