Job description / Role
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand passport as we are contracted by our client hospital to source from these territories only.
Join the most prestigious organisation in The Middle East.
Our client hospital which has a 2000 bed capacity, is based in the Central Region of Saudi Arabia. The facility includes the largest dedicated Children's Hospital in the Middle East which opened in June 2015. A state-of-the art developments such as Cardiac and Liver Center; Emergency Care and Trauma Center continues to be the best Trauma Care Center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is ranked as the 4th Emergency Care Center outside the United States of America, to provide (PHTLS) Pre-Hospital Trauma and Life Support program. Dental, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care, Long Term Care/ Rehabilitation, Other adult and pediatric services provided include: Surgical and Medical wards, Oncology. Obstetrics and Gynecology (Labor and Delivery, Oncology, Antenatal and Post Partum wards); Oncology, Neonatal ICU, Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Care Center, Home Health Care Program, VIP Wards, Royal Suite, College of Medicine and Nursing College.
Job Title: Women's Imaging Consultant
Department: Medical Imaging
Responsible to: Section Head, Women's Imaging
Basic Function: Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard - Health Affairs the Physician is responsible for performing procedural and consultative duties as assigned by the Department Chairman and Section Head.
• Actively participates in QI activities
• Provides input to the Section head, department head and Chairman of Medical Imaging
• Serves on Committees as appointed by the Chairman of Medical Imaging or the Hospital Director or Section Head
• Reports any violations of the rules and regulations of the department to the Chairman or Section Head
• Attain and maintain competency in the field of Women's Imaging including performance and interpretation of all modalities of Women's Imaging.
• In addition to his duties as Consultant he shall be accountable to the Chairman of Medical Imaging and Section Head for fulfilling his/her responsibilities.
• Ensures that he/she maintains high medical ethical standards in the practice
• Performs administrative tasks set by the Chairman of Medical Imaging and the section head
• Ensures that practices meet standards set by JCIA
• Participates in education and in formal education programmes of the Hospital
• Engages in clinical reviews, clinical research and other scholarly pursuits
• Participates in Medical Imaging practices as determined by the Chairman of Medical Imaging and Section Head
• Reporting of imaging for inclusion in patient records.
• Conferring with other departments on the interpretation of all modalities of Women's Imaging findings and assisting in determining the nature and extent of necessary treatment.
• Share emergency calls with other radiologists
• Carry out on call as required by the department.
• Should seek to advance knowledge and practice of radiological imaging by facilitating research and development in their domain. Should actively participate in planning research projects, securing funding, utilize the existing infrastructure for obtaining funds and resources and publishing research. Should devote energy to seeking partners for research funding. Should divert more energy in auditing their own work and the work of their department and introduce evidenced based practice.
• Invest in training residents and fellows, audit their work, encourage them to produce research work and publication but also to educate the public i.e. patients through explanatory leaflets informing them the importance of imaging and raising the profile of imaging department.
• Negotiable tax free salary
• Free housing
• Free utilities
• Family contract if married
• Free Health care
• Free flights
• Professional leave
• Generous annual leave
• US Board/ FRCS - Irish, UK, Canadian, New Zealand or Australian/ Diplome d'Etudes Specialises (DES)/CIS French Board / Facharzt & Sub- Board/ Fellowship
• Minimum 3-4 years' experience post Board/Fellowship
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.