Job description / Role
Consulting - Accounting Advisory - Senior Manager (Riyadh)
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory Services currently has exciting opportunities for a Senior Manager focussing on the financial services sector within the Accounting Advisory team. Our team advises clients on a wide range of advisory projects including implementation of accounting standards, support with transactions, development and review of financial models, identifying issues and providing accounting solutions that meet our client's objectives.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated professional with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects in the banking and financial services sector, a strong technical knowledge, robust financial modelling skills, and an ability to work in a demanding deal environment.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive advisory and financial services experience, helping our clients solve their complex accounting, financial reporting and business issues.
- As a Senior Manager, you will be required to be part of the Accounting Advisory FS leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue growing the business and setting budget goals and driving to meet budgeted performance.
- Take a lead in developing the product offering for accounting advisory services to the FS sector. Assist with writing winning proposals defining the solution to meet client's requirements.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in FS trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- You will also be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients.
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as a strong team member, taking ownership of areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor junior colleagues in the team.
- The role also requires the candidate to have a strong knowledge of IFRS and in particular IFRS 9 financial instruments and being able to both review and prepare technical papers for discussion with global industry experts and apply his critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the banking and financial services industry in addition to being robust in accounting technical matters impacting the FS industry.
- You will be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with senior members of the client teams.
- You also are anticipated to have extensive interaction with the other PwC teams such as tax, legal and deals which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of the Accounting Advisory Services team. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Have a business development mindset - with a focus on winning work and building the pipeline for accounting advisory projects within the Financial Services industry in the Middle East.
- They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate junior team members;
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Knowledge of Banking, Credit Risk Management, Financial Risk Management, IFRS 9. Knowledge of one or more programming languages is a plus.
- Years of Experience: 8+ years of advisory and financial modelling experience or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm.
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles and strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines - including managing multiple projects and opportunities;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.