Consulting, CIPS - Power, Water, Environment - Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Power and Utilities
Job Description & Summary
PwC has been providing professional services to energy companies for more than 100 years. Our global practice is comprised of more than 3,000 people who serve only energy, power and mining clients and receive extensive training to support this industry focus.
Our Middle East Energy Practice headquartered in Abu Dhabi provides a comprehensive portfolio of professional business advisory and consulting services, capabilities, and offerings addressing all segments and all functions in the value chain of a utility in the region.
- Senior Managers in Power, Water and Environment will lead end-to-end strategy and operations engagements focused on evaluating current state, identifying future state opportunities and creating holistic transformation business cases.
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams, across strategy and transformation initiatives, to develop and deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in the Power and Water Sector and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients, operating in the wider area of Power, Water and Environment in the region, on strategy, operational/quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client standardise how processes, policies and procedures and implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients through technical reports and presentations.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Working to mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working as part of the team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other sector experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 10 years of relevant industry experience within a leading utility or 6-8 years within a management consultancy, offering strategy and transformation services to the Power and Water sectors. The candidate will have gained the following skills / knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of the Utility business, value chain and drivers
- Understanding of energy policies in the Middle East and globally
- Knowledge of the Demand and Supply dynamics of the Power and Water sector in the region.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong interest and passion for developing strategy and business planning initiative for some of the biggest and best Power and Utilities firms in the Middle East.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Microsoft suite of products and or Google Suite.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English and Arabic is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.