Job description / Role
Line of Service
Economics and Policy
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Economics practice, within Economics and Policy services, will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside an analysis-driven team that uses economic principles and techniques to support the strategy and policy making process. We help governments and private sector organisations make better decisions, grounded in robust and compelling evidence. We provide the necessary foresight that help make and deliver critical business decisions and investments. We work across the Middle East for clients in a range of sectors, including but not limited to central government, real estate, energy and utilities, transport and health.
The work we typically undertake includes:
Economic and fiscal policy analysis and development
Socio-economic impact assessment
Economic and financial modelling / forecasting
We are a new and rapidly growing business unit, capitalising on changing trends in the regional market. The team offers you the opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge of economics in a commercial environment to solve important problems for our public and private sector clients.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Our requirements for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Experience in at least one of the two areas: economic impact assessment, macroeconomic analysis or forecasting, public finance management, economic policy development
- Experience working as an Economist in a consulting environment OR for a center of government (e.g. Ministry of Finance, Executive Council etc) is preferred
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Exposure to data gathering techniques and analysis, and reporting insights in a clear and effective way is desirable.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience through written and oral communication
- Experience working within teams and leading project streams
- Proven commitment to continuous learning
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East or where the project requirement dictates
- Masters (preferable)
- Economics and/or Public Policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Public Policy or Statistics
Years of Experience
- 3 - 6 years of experience in a similar industry/role
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.