Consulting, Finance & Accounting - Senior Consultant/Manager (Saudi National)
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
As a Senior Consultant/Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to a Senior Manager within the Finance & Accounting Consulting team, the Senior Consultant will participate in cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Play a role in advising clients on strategic finance-related matters and designing solutions that can help address complex finance-related challenges, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact.
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as a strong team member, taking ownership of areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor Consultants in the Finance Function Effectiveness team.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in Finance trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Assist in researching and writing winning proposals to support our clients in KSA and broader Middle East.
- Whilst working in the Finance Consulting team you will work collaboratively with colleagues from the broader Consulting Team and other Lines of Service, in order to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA and CMA.
- Strong understanding and experience of Financial Policies and Processes, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting and Tax.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
- Client-focused approach, with the ability to build strong relationships with diverse internal and external teams in demanding environments.
- Experience of supporting projects or directly working in at least 2 industry sectors, ideally including Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Oil-Gas and Utilities.
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic and ability to proactively drive projects and teams to successful delivery.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
Minimum years experience required
- 2 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.