Consulting, Fixed Asset Management & Valuations - Senior Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Finance Transformation Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
We would like to hear from Senior Associates with experience of working in the enterprise asset management consulting space, with specific focus on the following areas:
- Fixed asset register creation and reconstruction including componentization and useful life assessment
- Plant and equipment appraisal and tangible asset valuation for various purposes including financial reporting, mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Fixed asset analytics including data collection, reconciliations and classifications
- Fixed asset capital expenditure optimisations, cost projections and operational Key Performance Indicators Business process reviews & technology / systems implementations, specifically focusing on the fixed asset function of the organisation
- Fixed asset policies and procedures including capitalisations, additions, transfers, tracking and disposals
- Location : Currently based in KSA (preferable, but not mandatory)
- Language Skills : Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Arabic
- Education : Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting & Financial Management, Engineering and preferably a Masters to combine technical and financial qualification
- Preferable qualifications : RICS, ASA or Taqeem
- Years of Experience : 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in tangible assets valuation practice of an accounting, consulting, quantity surveying or insurance firms
- Experience applying tangible Assets valuation approaches and methods to develop valuation models
- Experience performing/reviewing tangible assets valuation for financial reporting and other purpose
- Experience working with Fixed Asset Registers in asset intensive industries
- Engineering aptitude and understanding of various tangible assets types combined with problem solving skills
- Data analysis skills utilizing digital tools such as Alteryx and Power BI
- Perform market research to gather cost and market information
- Report writing experience in accordance with International Valuation Standards requirements
- Experience implementing International Financial Reporting Standards and/or International Public Accounting Standards with specific focus Property, Plant and Equipment, Impairment of Assets, and Fair Value Measurement"
- Exposure to previous enterprise asset management projects, preferably in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in a consulting capacity.
- Strong passion for client service delivery and collaborative team work
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. The role offers some flexibility in working hours, depending on the specific projects and client delivery expectations
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.