Consulting - Manager/Senior Manager - TMU (Tourism & Development)
Job description / Role
Consulting - Manager/Senior Manager - TMU (Tourism & Development) - Riyadh
Line of Service
Hospitality and Leisure
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Programme Management practice, within Project Portfolio Management services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations balance long term strategies and short term imperatives to optimise their investments and strategic activity required to achieve the organisation's business objectives. We help enhance organisations project and programme performance by identifying alternative project approaches, consistently aligning projects with corporate strategy, setting the tone and pace of programmes from the outset, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from agile programme delivery.
As part of our team, you'll help our clients with optimising their project and programme performance, while consistently aligning programmes with corporate strategy.
As part of our team, you'll help our clients understand what makes business transformation programs successful, from program delivery structures and business engagement models to key technical issues and ongoing learning and improvement. We share knowledge and experience to complement our clients existing capabilities which propels them to the next level of Portfolio delivery.
- Support in identifying key prioritized initiatives and develop full roadmap for initiatives implementation.
- Ensure effective project and program management and support the successful implementation of the company strategy.
- Support in the execution of projects and initiatives throughout the project's life cycle in accordance with the unified methodology and governance framework.
- Developing reports and dashboards about projects status to facilitate decision making process and ensuring timely escalation of risks and issues.
- Support in planning, preparations for, presentations writing and task tracking for interactions with Managing Director and Founding Board
- Drive and follow up on projects procurement activities by supporting the respective business owners in defining scope of work for RFPs and escalating any risks/issues that may delay procurement activities.
- Maintenance and oversight of the master schedule/roadmap and timely reporting on any deviation or slippage.
- Ongoing maintenance and oversight of the Corporate/Development Risk and Issue Register (including Risks, Issues, Treatments, Ownership, Decisions), including adequacy and completeness of risks by ongoing collaboration with key stakeholders on identification and management of risks/issues (incl vendors, clusters etc.)
- Perform daily project management activities throughout the project life cycle;
- Develop project business cases and other project management documents;
- Identify project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards;
- Understand the business needs, define objective and identify key stakeholders;
- Manage and facilitate stakeholders' engagement and project communications;
- Manage and document project risks and issues (minimize uncertainty) and perform integrated change control;
- Manage project interdependencies and prioritization;
- Manage project changes, risks, issues and escalation processes;
- Monitor the availability of required human and financial resources and their efficient utilization;
- Implement the project governance effectively and involvement of the defined stakeholders.
- Familiar with best practices in (E)PMO structures and operating models.
- Strategy management
- Transformation management
- Stakeholder management
- Management consultancy experience
- Strong experience in delivering programs/projects using Waterfall and Agile methodologies;
- Experience handling portfolios of several projects
- Experience with prepare presentations for high profile stakeholders
- Experience in project/portfolio planning and management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Primavera, Jira, EPM) and reporting tools (MS office, Power BI dashboard, etc..);
- Be passionate about client service;
- Self-motivated, confident and a strong work ethic;
- Successful performance within team environments, enjoy being part of a team;
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Experience in overseeing and reporting progress of large-scale portfolios;
- Excellent communication skills
Areas/industries of expertise:
- Overall Experience (number of years): 11 - 15 Years Program
- Project Management Experience: 5-8 Years
- Certifications: PMP/ Prince2, Agile project Management, Strategy and KPIs
- Education background: A Bachelor or higher .
- Languages: English
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Global: Project Management Professional (PMP) Credential - Project Management Institute (preferred)
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.