Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Consulting R&Q plays a key role as an enabler in supporting Middle East Consulting ("Consulting") to achieve its strategy. Our Consulting practice has grown significantly on the back of an increasing number of multi-million-dollar, multi-territory, technology enabled transformation projects. Increasing use of contingent workforce, lower cost network firms and service delivery centres and more innovative commercial models have added complexity and increased contractual and delivery risk. Furthermore, our clients' expectations about what we are responsible for often exceed our contractual responsibilities, which needs careful management. Our engagement teams need close guidance and support from trusted advisers in R&Q to manage these risks while protecting our reputation and brand.
We support Consulting project teams throughout the entire engagement lifecycle from bidding through contracting and on into delivery, taking a partnership approach to work alongside and collaborate with partners and teams. We have been continuously upskilling and growing our team and are now looking for experienced business professionals to help us continue to support the business.
We are looking for experienced professionals at the levels of Manager and Senior Manager who are solutions-focused, skilled at building relationships, enjoy being at the heart of change and want to be part of a relevant, cohesive, vibrant and growing team.
- Acting as the first point of contact for queries from consulting engagement teams, providing timely and solution-focused pragmatic advice.
- Supporting the pursuit of large scale transformation opportunities, working alongside the engagement and Consulting leadership and other risk management functions.
- Negotiating with clients on contracting challenges, with support from our legal counsel and senior stakeholders in the business.
- Participating in internal governance forums for high value and higher risk engagements to support teams to manage contracting and delivery risks
- Participating in special projects to deliver the continuous change that is needed to improve the quality outcomes and profitability of Consulting.
- Delivering training to partners and staff across Consulting, including one-to-one sessions and seminar-based training.
- Building trusted relationships across Consulting and other support teams, acting as a dedicated business advisor to Partners and Directors.
- Coaching new joiners and junior team members.
- Interest in understanding the types of risks Consulting faces - reputationally, financially, permissibility of services - and how these are mitigated or managed by the firm.
- Be a self-starter who is proactive and flexible and has a positive attitude
- Ability to provide pragmatic advice, whilst protecting the firm by understanding the importance of the firm's 'red lines'.
- Be able to work both independently and as a team, with good project management skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple projects at a time while working to agreed deadlines.
- Be creative and willing to think of new and innovative approaches to our work.
It would be desirable for you to have:
- Experience of working in a Consulting/ advisory client facing role preferably on large technology enabled transformation programmes
- Experience of implementation/governance of enterprise applications such as SAP S/4 HANA, Oracle EBS/Fusion, Salesforce Customer 360 , Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience of working in risk management in a Big 4 environment
- The individual must be bilingual and proficient in English and Arabic.
- Be a clear, effective and self confident communicator who can adapt their style for different audiences and across multiple channels.
- Have an ability to influence and communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels of partners and staff, including at the most senior levels.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.