Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
You will be working within the Economics and Sustainability team (E&S). We are an analysis-driven team that uses economic principles and techniques to support the strategy and policy making process. We help governments and private sector organisations make better decisions, grounded in robust and compelling evidence. We provide the necessary foresight that help make and deliver critical business decisions and investments. We work across the Middle East for clients in a range of sectors, including but not limited to central government, real estate, energy and utilities, transport and health.
The work we typically undertake includes:
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy assessments
Net zero carbon strategies and plans
Green recovery strategies and policies
We are a new and rapidly growing business unit, capitalising on changing trends in the regional market. The team offers you the opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge of economics in a commercial environment to solve important problems for our public and private sector clients.
- Experience in working on projects in one of the following areas: ESG assessments for businesses, sustainability impact assessment, coupling environmental and macroeconomic analysis or forecasting, green recovery or green economy in policy development, climate change transition and physical risk assessments, Greenhouse gas emissions calculations and scenario modelling for net zero strategies, natural capital assessments and ecosystem service modelling
- Familiar with and proven experience in using contemporary international standards on sustainability measurement, assessment tools and methodologies related to the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 7, 13, 14, 15) as well as with collaborative initiatives being undertaken by governments and businesses to meet their international commitments (eg. climate action platform of UNFCCC)
- Experience in sustainability and climate change impact analysis or related modelling techniques
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience through written and oral communication
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite is mandatory and experience in working with relevant sustainability, climate change and biodiversity modelling software
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality strategic engagements across multiple industries
- Strong interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through advanced coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East or where the project requirements dictate
- Proven commitment to continuous learning
- Masters (preferable) - Sustainability and/or Public Policy or a related topic
- Bachelor's Degree in Environment, Social Science or Economics
Years of Experience
- 3 - 6 years of experience in a similar industry/role
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.