Job description / Role
Line of Service
Transportation and Logistics
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
As a member of PwC's Transport & Logistics practice you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry.
Regionally, the Transport & Logistics sector is playing a pivotal role in both shaping and enabling ongoing national transformation programs through enhancing national infrastructure, intra and interconnectivity, service and safety levels and attraction of foreign direct investments. PwC is at the heart of this sector's transformation. We boast a globally recognised practice that is 5000 professionals with strong roots in the Middle East region. Our regional practice brings deep multi-modal expertise.
As a Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver operations strategies with a particular emphasis on the implementation of cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in different sectors and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients in the Middle East.
- Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client.
- You should be able to leverage your experience in different industries to bring best practices to support our clients in achieving set engagement goals.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- You should have led teams and mentored/ trained other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the T&L team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Strong Consulting background (high performer in a strategy house or Big 4).
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
- Have worked on projects within Transport and Logistics industry
- Self-starter, eager to break new ground, and create opportunities for others.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a confident presence and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas.
- Demonstrated progression and advancement into positions of greater responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to impact top and/ or bottom line financial results.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated success in delivering results and leading teams, significant management responsibility early in the career is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
- Experience in strategic planning, operational improvement, data analytics, operational transformation, junior team leadership, mid-tier client management.
- Bilingual in both English and Arabic
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.