Job description / Role
• Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions. Provide supervision, procurement training and technical guidance to contract administrators in contract preparation, formulation, bid evaluation, negotiation and award of contracts for construction, operation & maintenance, consulting studies, engineering, and design as well purchase orders for consulting services, equipment, and minor construction.
• Responsible for protecting the client’s interests in all contractual matters and ensuring client’s policies and procedures are complied with as well as ensuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
• Provide training, mentoring and technical guidance to contract administrators in preparation of pre-award bid documents, verification of the accuracy of bid packages and participates in the pre-award evaluation/negotiation process.
• Review work of other contract administrators for correctness and policy and procedural compliance.
• Plan contract activities, including pre-award schedules.
• Recommend new and revised policies and procedures.
• Participate in training of procurement personnel.
• Advise appropriate Manager on contractual matters and be the principal advisor at the Project level about the strategy for and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
• Assist in presentations to senior management.
• Perform all pre-award contract administration duties as required and fully participate in the bid, evaluation, and negotiation process, including functional role as bid evaluation team lead and negotiation team leader.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the director, supply management, and manager, contracting section.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or Business/Accounting with (15) year experience in contract pre-award, negotiation, and administration activities as described above.
• Master degree in Engineering or Business (MBA), or advanced study Legal (JD). Must have (10) year experience in contract pre-award, negotiation, and administration activities or procurement of Operation & Maintenance, Consulting Studies, Design and large value infrastructure / public facilities type construction contracts.
• Experience must include a full range of public bidding activities, formulation of Bid Documents, responding to bidders’ questions, issuing addenda, Bid Evaluation and Cost/Price Analysis, and negotiations for award etc.
• Must be fluent in English (excellent speaking and reading).
• Must have excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy in work. Must also be computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint for contract drafting and preparation of spreadsheets and use of other analytical software tools.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.