Job description / Role
• Ability to negotiate terms, conditions and commercial issues with contractors.
• Management and coordination of the award process.
• Development of contract documents including tender documents.
• Able to analyze contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work.
• As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Project Manager on the mitigation of these risks; able to closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs.
• Management of Owner approval process.
• Monitor contract correspondence and provide appropriate input to protect the client against potential claims.
• Management of claims avoidance activities.
• Coordination of contract execution.
• Contract administration including:
• Schedule administration.
• Variation or change administration.
• Risk management administration.
• Degree in construction or legal related discipline or similar.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in the handling and management of claims and disputes on major infrastructure projects; less than 15 years’ experience considered if the substantive experience is significant.
• Extensive Experience working on Railway AND/OR Infrastructure projects.
• Professional accreditation and membership of industry leading and internationally recognized institute(s).
• Extensive experience working with FIDIC suite of contracts.
• Wide-ranging experience of roles and positions within the construction industry including roles with clients and contractors/subcontractors.
About the Company
Hill International was founded in 1976 and became one of the largest construction claims consulting firms in the world.
It wasn’t long before we realized that Hill could be more than a reactive resolver of disputes and could become a proactive solver of problems before they arise. With the best professionals in the construction industry, Hill began providing project management services. Today Hill is proud to be one of the top construction management companies in the world having successfully managed some of the largest, most complex construction projects in locations throughout the world.
Our formula is simple: we hire the best people, understand our clients needs and objectives, then take ownership of each and every project where we are involved. No matter how large or small our role is in a project, our mission is to exceed our clients expectations in every way possible. Our history is defined by thousands of successful projects. Our future is defined by the success of your next project.