Job description / Role
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Administrator & Managing Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Manager
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
SAR Tax Free Basic (Negotiable) + Overtime + Housing, Food, Transport & Medical
Digby Morris’ client is a leading industrial services company which employs in excess of 7,000 in the fields of fabrication, construction, operation and maintenance to the Oil & Gas and Hydrocarbon processing industries.
Owing to the recent award of a number of new projects on behalf of Saudi Aramco, the company has identified an immediate need for 2 Quantity Surveyors (Senior QS and Managing QAS/Contracts Manager).
• Contract: 1 year + every year renewable for the same duration if either parties do not express by writing the intention not to renew
• Contract Status: Single or Family
We are seeking two professional Quantity Surveyor at Senior & Managing Level. As a minimum all candidates should possess the following skills and expertise:
• Ability to read and interpret drawings.
• Ability to prepare engineering take-off (BOQ).
• Contract knowledge, Scope of Work, deviations, Change Orders, Site instructions.
• Interpret Contract Work Unit Rates, Time Unit Rates, Pricing Instructions.
• Preparation of Project deviations and tracking additional works.
• Reconciliation of Bill of Quantities.
• Knowledge of Contracts, Billing terms, etc.
• Tracking of Quantities performed physically at site twice every day.
• Update tracking report along with QTR (Quantity Tracking Report) Billing Report for the WUR (Work Unit Rate / Progress) Projects.
• Prepare WUR (Work Unit Rate / Progress) or T&M (Time and Materials Sheet) draft invoices with cover letter for Client’s review and approval.
• Follow up of draft invoice with Client’s QS and discuss if any issues.
• Verify and discuss with Planning Engineers to make quantities alignment.
• Update summary of draft invoices submitted and approved or under approval.
• Help the Cost Control Engineer to prepare additional urgent reports.
Preference will be given to candidates already in Saudi Arabia with a transferable Iqama.
Owing to visa limitations this position is open to holders of the following passports:- Any EU, South Africa, UK, New Zealand or Australia
Skills &Experience :
• Diploma or Degree in either Quantity Surveying or Mechanical with knowledge also of Civil and E&I disciplines.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the industry field (preferably piping).
• Proficient in MS Office (preferably also Oracle).
• English language is a must
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Pre Contract
Rider Levett Bucknall
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Quantity Surveyor