Job description / Role
WSP is looking for a Contracts Administrator to administer all matters related to contracts management activities during pre and post award stages for a major highways project in Riyadh, KSA.
• Prepare and implement the contract administration plan and procedures & forms of contracts, entailing all contract management activities from award to completion;
• Manage works/service contract including EPC contracts primarily under FIDIC forms of contract & within the planned budget and completion schedule, with the primary aim of safeguarding company’s interest while complying with company’s tendering and contracting procedures and guidelines, from commencement of contractual arrangements until settlement and final discharge of obligations;
• Prepare management submissions for seeking approvals for the bidders list and award strategy and present the same to tender’s boards, following up and obtaining approvals for issuance of tenders for various operations and maintenance of service tenders.
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk analyses for the new tenders. I review and assist the end user in preparation of scope of work.
• Develop Invitation to Tender (ITT) package comprising of form of Tender & form of Contract document, Request for Proposals (RFPs) document, issuing tender package and coordinating pre-tender meeting and site visits.
• Address tender queries through tender bulletins/addenda and tender clarifications.
• Provide support to technical bid opening committee and end user in concluding technical evaluation / issuance of reports and reviewed submittals such as tender bonds and qualifications.
• Coordinate tendering activities including preparation and issuance of tender bulletins and tender clarifications to the bidders.
• Evaluate the bids submitted to ensure conformity to the specified legal, contractual and other commercial requirements.
• Organize commercial bid opening by the Tender Opening Committee, perform tender evaluation, contract terms and commercial negotiation with potential bidders and present award recommendation to the Tender Board for support / approvals.
• Evaluate the bids of the technically accepted bidders leading to preparing award recommendation and contract awards.
• Prepare notification of award, contract document and organized contract signatures.
• Support end user in all contractual matters including drafting of contractual communications.
• Participate in Value Engineering pre and post award of the contracts.
• Audit payment to Contractors, Consultants, Sub Contractors, prepare variations & day works instructions, monitor contracts final cost estimates, maintain expenditure records, review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements, prepare Final Account with all supporting documentation, prepare monthly cost reports, financial statement and contract close out.
• Review and issue completion certificates, contract close-out report.
• Manage and secure projects interests with necessary bonds, warranties, insurances, undertakings, etc until final discharge of obligations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil Engineering
• Minimum 15 years of general experience.
• Minimum 5 years in similar roles.
• Experience in pre and post contracts management.
• Experience in the management and delivery of infrastructure projects.
• In-depth experience in all aspects of contracts management, including Claims, Dispute Resolution and Risk Mitigation.
• Knowledge of Government Tender and Procurement Law and its Implementing Regulations in the KSA
• Good knowledge of construction and contract terminology.
• Speak, read and write Arabic and English.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.