Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Contract Advisor to join the Planning and Program Services Unit of Central Community Services Department. The Planning and Program Services Unit is responsible for providing support to the Divisions in the areas of budget planning and governance, contract strategies and administration, training coordination and certification, IT support and safety management and compliance. The Contract Advisor primary role is to develop contracts and administrate related functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the Contract Proponent representative in the development, procurement, and administration of contracts in assigned organization. Is part of a team required to develop, maintain and administer service contracts.
- Assists in the processing of contracts and amendments and provides input related contract actions (i.e., actions required to administer, extend, renew, terminate the contract).
- Participates in the preparation of financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract services and evaluation of alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/administrative.
- Helps develop/review contracting strategy and plan for different types of services.
- Helps develop in conjunction with Contracting, professional analysis and technical qualification of bidders.
- Participates in the preparation of scope of work for various contract services.
- Participates in the development of financial and technical advice on intent of wording, scopes of service or other clauses that may impact cost and cost/benefit relationships.
- Prepares Company Estimates or works with the Company estimating functions in the preparation of Estimates.
- Participates as the contract proponent representative on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms
- Helps prepare the analysis or bid responses, negotiation offers, and counter offers for specific contract.
- Administer the contracts and ensure all terms and conditions are implemented by all divisions.
- Helps to perform periodic examination of Contract Administration in the field in order to locate shortcomings or potential problems in the administrative procedures or contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure implementation of the supplier performance evaluation.
- Conduct/participate in counselling sessions with low performing contractors and log the required actions.
- Helps to provide justification and recommendations for changes in contracting procedure or contract format for management approval.
- Assists in the preparation of verifications of contractor cost and escalation or de-escalation amendments.
- Perform contract closeout actions upon contract completion.
- Helps to provide justification and recommendation for changes in contracting procedure or contract format.
- Helps to develop status reports or other presentations for Executive Management.
As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Law / Contracts Management from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
You will have three years' experience in related industries. Work experience in auditing, accounting and contracting techniques and procedures is desirable.
As a subject matter expert;
You will have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
You must have an understanding of contract administration principle and best practices.
You will have the ability to review contractual issues objectively and resolve disputes in a proactive manner and achieve appropriate resolutions.
You will work both independently and part of a team to support all contract related tasks.
You will demonstrate a dynamic attitude towards process improvements.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.