Job description / Role
Our Client is one of the top 4 international Engineering consultancy, Looking for a Contracts Department Manager to work in Saudi Arabia- Remote Area.
The Departmental Manager is responsible for and will directly manage workload distribution, execution of work and personnel management within the procurement, contract and commercial department. The role encompasses overseeing the formation and administration of all contracts across project life cycle including: pre-qualification, compilation of bid requests, receipt of bids, bid evaluation, award, monitoring contractor performance, monitoring adherence to conditions of contract, back charges, resolution of claims and disputes, monitoring and approval of applications for payment through to final contract closure. The Manager will implement departmental regulations and practices, policies, procedures and work within EPMO to promote best practice strategies for management and governance of the staff and their deliverables. In turn the Manager will provide guidance and assistance to Project Managers and other EPMO departments on all contractual matters. Optimizes EPMO contract resources required for project delivery and actively supports staff professional development ensuring they have access to the best available training regime led by industry recognized training staff. Ensures there are clear lines of communication and reporting with an emphasis on meeting deadlines and developing transparency in all operations. Leads by example with high ethical standards and is recognized for their accessibility by all staff.
• Reviews, develops and enforces administrative procedures for effective and economic performance within terms and conditions of the contract and policies approved by the Project Manager.
• Administers the procurement process including, but not limited to, advance review of construction plans and specifications, assistance in preparation of solicitations, coordinating and scheduling pre-bid and post bid clarification meetings, amendment preparation and contract negotiations for EPMO.
• Develops and implements procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with EPMO policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
• Manages, directly or via Contracts Dept. staff, the administration of new and on-going Contracts, including monitoring contractor compliance with the Contract documents. Investigates problems and recommends corrective action.
• Manages, directly or via Contracts Dept. staff, the preparation of correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters.
• Administration, review and recommendation on contract changes, review and settlement of claims, resolution of disputes and contract change negotiations.
• Assists the Project Manager in contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractor, release of bonds etc..
• Makes amendments to contractual documents as required.
• Prepares for final approval pre-qualification and selection of contractors
• Manages the bid evaluation process making final recommendation
• Lead tender negotiations through to final recommendations for approval
• Ensures that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained
• Provides governance on all commercial matters and approves all payments
• Advises on all matters contractual and commercial
• Ensures all departmental reporting is accurate and delivered within agreed timescale
• Enforces policy relating to Health, Safety and Environmental practices
• Minimum 20 years of related work experience, Demonstrated experience in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, preparing contractual correspondence, budget management, planning and scheduling.
• Thorough knowledge of prime contracts management administration as well as (sub) contract formation and administration, execution of office and field policies and procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction program of works.
• Must have a broad general engineering background and previous Middle East project management experience on similar or related project types.
• Technical and administrative knowledge of the wider engineering/construction industry and have direct experience in contracting practices, government and commercial procurement
• Degree in Construction Contract Law, Quantity Surveying or similar built environment subject
• Specific Project Management training and qualification
• Membership of a Chartered Institution (MICE/ MCIOB/ MRICS preferred)
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Contracts & Commercial Manager/Director
Senior Contracts Manager
Opus Recruit Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
|Saudi Arabia||16 May|
Manager – Contracts & Purchasing
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE