Job description / Role
Our client has grown to become the world's No. 1-ranked engineering design firm - delivering integrated, sustainable solutions that help clients and communities in every region of the world create and unlock new opportunities. They operate in 7 continents, have over 87,000 employees, are in 150 countries and turnover in excess of $17.4Billion per annul. We have an opportunity for a Senior Contracts Engineer to work in Jeddah.
- To obtain a correct understanding of the client’s requirements.
- To prepare the company’s quotation response in accordance with the established
- procedures for investigation, design, costing and presentation.
- To ensure that the documentation received for orders/enquiries is sufficiently informative/detailed to allow the efficient processing of the work.
- To process orders in accordance with the established procedures for materials, boughtout items, labour and site equipment.
- To maintain an accurate and complete file record of all calculations, material lists, costings,drawings, correspondence and purchase orders.
- To attend pre?quote/pre?installation surveys/meetings.
- To prepare full and accurate instructions for production control.
- To prepare full and accurate manufacturing drawings/details for production control/factory personnel.
- To prepare full and accurate installation drawings/details for the constructionpersonnel.
- Source and procure all bought out/non?stock items relevant to the contract in a cost effective manner.
- To source and procure the necessary site equipment to enable installation to be carried outin a safe and efficient manner.
- To programme work load to ensure that all resources arrive on site as scheduled, and thereby allow the installation to be completed as cost effectively as possible.
- To liaise with the client regarding deliveries of materials and the installation programme.
- Seek client’s agreement on payment of down time/additional works which is directly attributable to the customer.
- To ensure the company does not incur unnecessary loss of contribution due to non?chargable costs.
- To assist with the training of sales/contracts personnel.
Education and Qualification:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering. Required minimum experience of 12 years in the field of contracts (or contract specialist) before and after contract awarding.
- He shall be fully aware of all terminology used in construction and contracts.
- Adequate knowledge of the Laws of Bids and Government Procurement and its implementing Regulations in Saudi Arabia.
- The candidate must be fluent in both English and Arabic.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
|Abu Dhabi||15 Feb|
Site Supervisor (Civil Engineering)
|Saudi Arabia||26 Feb|
Site Engineer - Immediate
Ignite Search & Selection