Job description / Role
• Provide input to the Director - Contracts for the development of the Contracts Department business plan
• Develop the Contracts Section budget and raise to the Director - Contracts for review
• Track the Contracts Section’s capacity and report on utilization levels of the Section staff as per targets set by the Director - Contracts, and manage resources accordingly
• Provide expert contractual advice to all stakeholder within K&A, including senior management, project teams and Contracts Sections in Regions, as needed
• Provide input to design Project Managers with the development of risk plans as part of the project management plans
• Provide contractual advice to Project Managers and design teams during design projects delivery
• Provide contractual advice to the Quantity Surveying Department during the development of conditions of contract as part of the design deliverables, in coordination with the Director - Contracts, as needed
• Support Contracts Sections in Regions in the preparation and management of supervision contracts, as needed
• Support Contracts Sections in Regions in settling large claims, variation orders and disputes between clients and contractors during construction phase, as required
• Coordinate with Contracts Sections in Regions for the implementation of contractual risk management policies in procedures in supervision contracts.
• Assess contractual risks in K&A design contracts in the proposal development stage and devise mitigation measures accordingly
• Prepare / review and recommend contract terms and conditions for K&A design contracts
• Assess and settle claims, variation orders and disputes between clients and K&A related to design contracts
• Manage and support the settlement of claims arising from design changes during the construction supervision stage in coordination with respective design Sector Heads, Geography Managers and Contracts Sections in Regions
• Develop contract terms and conditions for cooperation agreements between K&A and external partners and suppliers and raise to the Director - Contracts for approval
• Assess K&A’s contractual risk exposure on design contracts and project cooperation agreements between K&A and external partners and suppliers and recommend mitigation measures to the Director - Contracts
• Assess and settle claims, variation orders and disputes between K&A and external partners and suppliers and recommend actions to the Director - Contracts
• Liaise with K&A Legal Department to seek expert legal advice, as needed
• Implement risk management policies and procedures in the Contracts Section
• Participate in training of procurement personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Architecture or Construction Management(Civil)
• 15+ years of experience in a Contracts function
• Master degree in Construction Management.
• Construction Law is an advantage
• Fluent in speaking and writing English.
• Arabic Native speaker.
• Must be registered in Saudi Council of Engineers.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).