Job description / Role
• The job holder prepares, reviews and administers supervision contracts throughout the project lifecycle, starting from proposal development to supervision project delivery and project hand-over. The job holder provides expert contractual advice and support to supervision teams on site, including addressing contractual matters and resolving disputes, as needed.
• Provide expert contractual advice related to the Company contracts to the project teams.
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality
• Provide contractual advice to Project Managers and various disciplines in settlement of claims, variation orders and disputes between contractors and clients during projects, as needed
• Support the Contracts Department in Engineering Services in managing and settling large claims and variation orders arising from design changes during the construction stage.
• Coordinate with the Contracts Department in Engineering Services and the Contracts Section - to ensure adherence to corporate contracts and risk management policies and procedures in supervision contracts.
• Conduct detailed reviews of supervision contracts during the proposal development stage, assessing contractual risks and proposing mitigation measures, as needed
• As needed, seek expert contractual advice from the Contracts Department in Engineering Services and the Contracts – Corporate Office during the preparation and administration of K&A supervision contracts
• Prepare / review contract terms and conditions for K&A supervision contracts, ensuring the safeguarding of K&A interests
• Monitor and administer all ongoing supervision projects in from a contractual aspect
• Assess contractual implication of supervision project scope changes, including suitability of claims, variation orders etc.
• Assess and support supervision teams with the settlement of large claims, variation orders and disputes between K&A and clients related to supervision contracts
• Support supervision teams with the management of contractor claims, variation orders and contractual disputes on behalf of clients, as requested
• Analyze K&A’s risk exposure on supervision contracts and ensure risk management measures are in place
• Implement risk management policies and procedures in the Contracts Section
• Implement corporate policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain an archive of contracts developed by Client, in coordination with the Senior Manager - Contracts
• Attend periodic training to develop relevant skills in contract administration
• Coordinate and share knowledge with counterparts in other Contracts Sections in other Regions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
• Master’s Degree in Construction Management or Construction Law is an advantage
• Familiarity with local laws regulating the engineering / construction sectors
• Knowledge of risk management strategies
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
• 10+ years of industry experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry
• 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm, specifically in a contracts / contracts administration role
• Experience with standard conditions of contract, including such conditions as those developed by the FIDIC, AIA, EJCDC, ICE, etc.
• Experience in negotiating, writing, and interpreting terms, conditions, and requirements of contractual agreements
• Experience in evaluating and settling claims, and managing disputes
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry, in particular related to contracts
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Big Fish Recruitment
Commercial and Contracts Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Claims / Contracts Manager - Main Contractor
Commercial Manager - Main Contractor