Job description / Role
The Contracts Manager is responsible for the preparation, review, and administration of contracts. She/He is accountable to safeguard the Company's interests in contracts from the proposal development stage to contract administration during delivery. This includes preparing/reviewing design and supervision contracts, addressing contractual matters, resolving disputes, and providing expert advice. The job holder is responsible to monitor the organization’s contractual risk exposure from supervision projects in Saudi Arabia and devising mitigation measures to address these risks. The job holder is also responsible to attract, develop and standardize the Contract's capabilities.
• Supervise analysis, negotiation, and development of final contracts and ensure alignment with legal and contractual policies and regulations.
• Conduct contract negotiations on terms and conditions for projects while liaising effectively with relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, Central Engineering, Projects, Legal, Finance, suppliers, and contractors to ensure compliance with the organization’s requirements and maintain projects within schedules and budgets.
• Assess areas of potential risk during contract development such as ambiguities, omissions, and conflicts.
• Review contractual requirements, provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Closely monitor ongoing contractual work and recommend corrective actions as necessary while working closely with the Projects and other business units.
• Review and ensure contract variation order requests have minimal impact on projects’ schedules and costs while the satisfaction of relevant stakeholders is maintained.
• Conduct random audits on existing contracts to ensure conformity to the organization’s standards, templates, terms, and conditions, and detect any breaches or risks.
• Analyze findings raised as a result of the contract management audit process and recommend corrective actions to close all relevant findings.
• Support relevant stakeholders, including Projects and Central Engineering, in the preparation of requests for proposals and tender documents to ensure all contractual requirements and specifications are included in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, standards, and lessons learned.
• Ensure performance is monitored for each active contract of the organization.
• Assess and adopt new changes in laws, regulations, and contract trends and determine the potential impact on the organization’s business.
• Lead complex contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors in collaboration with relevant stakeholders such as Projects, Legal, Finance, and Central Engineering.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
• A Master’s Degree in Construction Management or Construction Law is an advantage
• 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Planning Industry, specifically in a contracts/contracts role
• Experience with standard conditions of the contract, including such conditions as those developed by the FIDIC, AIA, EJCDC, ICE, etc.
• Experience in negotiating, writing and interpreting terms, conditions, and requirements of contractual agreements
• Experience in evaluating and settling claims, and managing disputes
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Architecture, Engineering, and Planning Industry, in particular, related to contracts
• Familiarity with local laws regulating the engineering/construction sectors
• Knowledge of risk management strategies
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is a must
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).
Contracts Manager - Building/Civil - Contractor
Contract / Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||21 Dec|
Contract Manager - Oil & Gas - Contractor
|Saudi Arabia||9 Dec|
Senior Cost Control Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||1 Dec|