Control System Engineer (DCS Engineer)
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Control System Engineer to join Yanbu NGL fractionation Department of Global Manufacturing.
Yanbu NGL Fractionation Department are responsible for the supply of gas feedstocks (Ethane, Propane, Butane and NG) to the Power and Petrochemical Industry at Yanbu Area and the Western region of KSA. The Plant is located in the heart of Yanbu Industrial City, north of Yanbu Refinery.
As a control system engineer you will be actively working on all aspects of Honeywell DCS, ESD, and other control systems. This includes System troubleshooting, Failure analysis, Engineering analysis, Logic Modification, Project support, Obsolescence management, keeping systems up to date, developing engineering procedure to enhance the system operability, efficiency and safety in compliance with the applicable International Standards.
• As a successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
• Preventive and corrective maintenance of control systems.
• Providing diagnostic support for resolution of issues by performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and recommending improvements to control system hardware, software, logic, HMI and Procedures.
• Perform administrative function such as writing technical reports, ordering material, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time and expense sheet, Interface with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering (OME) customers and internal functional team.
• Be aware of and always conduct work activities in compliance with Environment, Health, and safety (EHS) policies and International Standard.
• Startup support during Plant and Equipment startup, including PSSR (Prestart up safety review).
• Support during Emergency.
• Adhering to Management of Change (MOC) while doing any modification.
• Obsolescence Management.
• Spare Management.
• Point and logic configuration in DCS and ESD system, and Graphics Modification.
• Supporting day today Alarm management activity.
• Implementing Vendor recommendations related to control system to keep system up do date.
• Responsible for design, specification, selection and services related to Basic Process Control Systems, Safety Systems, PLCs and other control systems.
• Responsible to assist with control philosophy and functional description.
• Manage Vendor contract including maintenance and parts management.
• Provide Training on control systems to Engineers and Technicians.
• You must hold a Bachelor's degree in Instrumentation or Instrumentation & Control or Electronics or Computer Science from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred .
• You will have more than 10 years of experience in Industrial Automation Systems, including at least 7 years in DCS and ESD systems.
• Advance working knowledge of Honeywell TDC-3000 DCS system comprising of EHPM, ENIM, HM, AM, APP nodes, LCN, Native Window functionality is a must.
• Advance working knowledge of Honeywell Experion PKS DCS system comprising of C-300 controller, ESVT server, EST station, HMI Web display Graphics, Alarm management, APC node, OPC is a must.
• Advance working knowledge of Honeywell Safety Manager ESD system and its communication with DCS is a must.
• Knowledge of Rockwell PLC & HMI, Triconex ESD, CCC, Bentley Nevada will be preferred.
• Practical Experience with establishing communication interfaces with third party systems using Ethernet Network and Modbus is necessary.
• Networking fundamental knowledge is required.
• Knowledge of Industrial codes and standards- DIN/ASME/API/ANSI/NEMA/ATEX etc. related to Area of work will be preferred.
• Experience with Windows server, MS SQL server, VM Ware and virtualization is required.
• Ability to develop Engineering drawings and wirings schematics, loop diagrams and power distribution for Control system.
• Knowledge of SIL fundamentals is required.
• Knowledge of Alarm Management is required.
• ISA CFSP or TUV, PMP or any other certification in the field of work will be an added advantage.
• Experience of working in multinational and multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.