Job description / Role
Responsible for the design, engineering, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and handling of Building Services Controls Systems (BMS, PLC, or SCADA) in accordance with the project specifications and time frame, engineering adopted codes and good engineering practices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Study and Evaluate BMS and HVAC systems all technical drawings, documents, products, components, application and any revisions thereon.
- Executing and preparing all the required design of BMS control systems (i.e. control schematic, system architecture, I/O points lists, BOQ, cable management system design, wiring and termination drawings,..)
- Selection of material and equipment according to the calculations and the project specifications.
- Ensure compliance with Authorities' requirements.
- Preparing project engineering submittals (Material Submittals, Method Statements, Shop drawings, Operation and Maintenance manuals, and other project documentation) as required in line with company and client requirements as well as standards and codes of practices.
- Advising on construction methodologies in coordination with other disciplines/contractors/ subcontractors prior to construction.
- Supervising the construction in terms of progress, proper methods, material reservation, and optimum output of labor.
- Ensuring that any variations and instructions received from the client are incorporated into the latest construction issued drawings and auctioned by the construction team.
- Supervise and document the commissioning process in the building.
- Testing & Commissioning: Carrying out and document functional and performance tests of controls and BMS.
- Ensuring the Operations & Maintenance manuals as well as handover documents are in line with contract specifications and requirements.
- Coordinate with client for inspections and final approvals.
- Coordinate with Authorities having jurisdiction for necessary approvals.
- Conducting training to the owner operation and maintenance staff on the operation of the mechanical systems.
- Preferably 3-5 Years of experience as a BMS / Controls engineer in an engineering and contracting or similar industry in GCC
- BSc Electrical / Control / Instrumentation / Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent
- Familiar with international regulations, codes, and standards governing the controls and IT fields.
- Familiar with KSA building codes
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems is a plus
- Knowledge of “IT” networking systems is mandatory
- Knowledge in Tridium / NIAGARA platform is mandatory (design, programming,…)
- Familiar with all BMS communication protocols and languages (BacNet, ModBus, LON,…)
- Familiar with different wireless communication technologies (i.e. Zigbee, LoRa,…)
- Possesses strong BMS knowledge with expertise in developing custom program algorithms based on site conditions.
- Have a proven experience in working with DDC & PLC control systems for BMS and HVAC control systems
- Knowledge of adding and editing system graphics is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning / “IOT” development shall be an advantage
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in MS Office Application and Visio
- Hands-on experience in AutoCad Operations
- Ability to work independently and in a team under pressure and tight schedule
- Willing to be assigned to project sites
- Knowledge of the local market suppliers/service providers is a plus
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.