Job description / Role
Corporate Commercial Lawyer Riyadh based
Our client is a global technology firm. The company operates in over 100 countries around the globe.
This is a regional role to cover many jurisdictions, including but not limited to, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Bahrain and Lebanon.
* Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of all legal, ethics & compliance programs and supports the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture
* Initiates a communication program that ensures a clear understanding of legal compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business
* Assess level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, across the organization as well as adequacy of internal controls within business, financial processes and operations
* Performs proactive risk assessment to identify business processes in the sub-region and region which may represent a risk for the company, with an emphasis on financial, business controls and efficient business processes
* Responsible for reporting and escalating risks, legal issues and best practices to Head of L&C for the MEA Region
* Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirements
* Participates in all the applicable subregion business approval boards and meetings, responsible for reporting and escalating legal issues and the relevant risks to the Head of L&C for the MEA Region.
* Saudi national lawyer
* Experience in the IT, technology, projects, software, telecommunications industry.
* Experience of working in a MNC or regional company legal department.
* Experience in ethics and compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act
* 8-15 yrs PQE
* Must have experience working within the Saudi market.
* You must be fluent in both English and Arabic and be a Saudi national.
* Strong preference for in-house experience or a lengthy secondment whilst in private practice.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Head of Legal
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Saudi Arabia||18 Mar|