Job description / Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Manager in our Strategy team in MENA. The Strategy practice focuses on helping clients in their strategic decisions such as portfolio and growth strategies for the regional family businesses; inbound entry/expansion decisions for global corporate clients; commercial/business due diligence for private equity and sovereign wealth funds and inbound corporate clients; evaluation of greenfield investment, partnership/JV/franchising, divestment and other such strategic decisions; and privatisation and corporatisation decisions for governments. EY’s Strategy consultants typically work directly with the C-Suite on their strategic and transaction decisions.
The Strategy practice’s growth strategy has sector specialism, accounts focus and aggressive relationship building as its three cornerstones. It is in the process of filling some gaps in its leadership team and looking to recruit high calibre, ambitious leaders for the following sectors in the MENA region:
• Government Public Sector (GPS)
The Strategy practice is housed inside our EY’s large Transactions Advisory Services (TAS) practice that focuses on advising clients on their capital agenda – investing, raising, preserving and optimising capital. TAS sources, designs, structures, evaluates and executes acquisition, investment, divestment, financing, privatisation, restructuring and listing decisions for our clients.
• Manage the delivery of client engagements across the region to a high standard while ensuring that quality of the client relationship moves to the next level during delivery.
• Assist in defining the objective and scope of client engagements and deliverables in consultation with the Engagement Leader and Partner.
• Design and execute analyses on clients’ problems and markets to validate key hypotheses. Design and facilitate in-depth interview programs with key company stakeholders (i.e., customers, suppliers, business partners). Manage engagements from initial data collection and analysis to creating final client deliverables that meet EY quality standards.
• Build and maintain relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and other EY TAS teams on the engagement.
• Effectively support and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, while staying abreast of current business and industry trends.
• Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services and help document the engagement procedures performed against objectives.
• Think like an entrepreneur and use creative techniques, analyses and presentations to answer clients’ most important questions.
• Support the CFS Sector Leader in building high quality client relationships, developing sharp points of view, developing winning proposals, and developing sector focused thought leadership.
• A bachelor's degree and approximately 5-6 years of related work experience; or a post-graduate degree and approximately 4-5 years of related work experience.
• A degree in business, finance, economics, engineering and/or other appropriate academic major with a strong background in strategy and finance. An MBA is a significant advantage.
• Approximately 3+ years of industry and/or consulting experience in managing business strategy and M&A projects in complex business environments.
• A keen ability to conduct detailed analysis of industries including value chains, products, markets, competitors, customers, channels, supply chains - from financial and operational perspectives.
• Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to synthesise findings and link them to client issues.
• Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Executive presence.
• Demonstrated ability to lead/work in teams, coach people, and inspire teams to achieve excellent results for themselves, their colleagues and their clients.
• Demonstrated ability to build lasting client relationships based on value add, strategic insights, and high quality delivery of advice.
• A dedication to teamwork and commitment to staying at the cutting edge of knowledge in focused industries.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, when necessary. Estimated travel is approximately 25 to 50% of the time, sometimes more.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region